Shipping Mother Board for Repairs

nhlguy11

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
My asus motherboard broke and I am sending my P5N-32 motherboard back to Asus to get repaired under warranty. It says in the packaging instructions that for the P5 series you must include the "original CPU socket cover or covering to protect the pins in transit." If I do not have the socket cover what should I do?
Get a new socket cover, then from where? or... Make something to cover the pins myself, how should that look like? or... Should I just send it in without one and just make sure the packaging is very tight with bubble wrap to have it not move around?

Solution
No, you need the cover. Otherwise, it's a good excuse not to honor the warranty. Unfortunately, I'm on vacation away from my computers for the next two weeks, or I'd PM you for your address and mail you one.

All I can say is check for any white box builders or try to borrow one from a friend.
No, you need the cover. Otherwise, it's a good excuse not to honor the warranty. Unfortunately, I'm on vacation away from my computers for the next two weeks, or I'd PM you for your address and mail you one.

All I can say is check for any white box builders or try to borrow one from a friend.

Solution