I'm currently waiting for my new prebuilt gaming computer to arrive and I have a few questions. I'm not a computer wiz and i don't know much so please elaborate on things if i dont understand lol.
1) I know that I have to install my operating system which is basic, but is there anything to do before installing Windows 7?
2) Do i have to configure bios or anything in general? I'm not overclocking anything by the way.
3) Can i add my old hard disk drive to my new computer? The old hard drive has windows xp installed? I plan to format the old hard drive once i backed up everything from the old hard drive to the new hard drive.
1. no, installing windows 7 is pretty basic
2. you will need to download the latest drivers for your motherboard and graphics card
3. check out ninite.com you can get a lot of frequently installed applications there and it all installs in a big bundle rather than individual installs, makes your life easier
Not really, I think it would be best (for a beginner) to install on Default BIOS settings and do any tweaking later on.
If you do plan on installing an SSD do set to AHCI mode in the Storage section of the bios though.
I would only install the new disk to begin with and once the OS is ready put in the old disk and copy over your files. That way you wont need to set up disk priorities, wich may mix you up a bit.
That s pretty much it!