GA-MA785GM-US2H Killing USB Drives?

eckosof

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Just put together new machine using GA-MA785GM-US2H, We have 3 flash drives and all three have failed to recognize anywhere on the computer, even on disk management they do not appear.

One of the drives was brand new never been put on a PC, Put it on a different computer first to see if it was not the GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard and it worked, Removed it and put it back into the GA-MA785GM-US2H, Saw it once and never again.

Then we tried putting it back on the secondary machine(asus p5q pro) and it doesn't who up anywhere, Could the GA-MA785GM-US2H be destroying USB drives?

Naltador

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
You would be correct. I have a GA-M57SLIS4 and it has been killing off my peripherals, and 2 HDD's so far. lost a $100 usb headset, $100 mouse, 2 $100 HDD's. i just realized what was happening and decided to see if any other gigabyte's were doing the same. the thing is, my board is ~2 years old, and it just started doing this when i took the board out and build a new machine with it. its pretty fucked up if you ask me, and i think that Gigabyte should pay to replace all my stuff. I will be submitting this to them and see what they say. good luck on your end