HELP!!!! No idea how to hook up power switch/reset,etc...

panzerkiller13

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
HELP!!!! I can't figure out which way to hook up the power SW,reset SW,HDD leds,or power LED, I am trying to hook up an Antec P190's power switches and such on an Nforce 430 mobo,I got it from HP so there is no color designation or anything like that,I THINK I have the HD_Audio and USB an AC' 97 hooked up right,but I'm not sure about that either, little help please?

From the case these are separate leads, but they are all frequently connected to a single 2x10 pin or so header on the mobo.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Pwr, reset, no polarity involved. They are switches, momentary on switches. LED's, you will have to just try. One way they will light, the other way they won't, so trial and error. You won't blow anything up...

Only real 'gotcha' is not to cross up the firewire / usb connectors. I really wish they'd change the FW keying to avoid this issue.

It would help to know more about the MB manufacturer, and more info like model type, but is probably a 'special made for HP' unit anyway.

panzerkiller13

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

nope, I looked all around it for any type of labeling,nothin.

but I finally got it hooked up and am now using my 8800GTS... problem is,I can't increase the refresh rate above 60Hz,someone tole me a DVI cable only supports up to 60Hz,is that a correct statement?

No.

Go to nVidia Control Panel, View=Advanced Settings, Manage 3D Settings, Global Tab, Vertical Synch is the parameter you want to adjust.

If this is forced on, FPS is limited to themonitor's vertical synch rate. You can't see any more FPS anyhow, and matching the two produces (they say) optimal results.

xalania

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
The ten pin does not have labels that's why i couldn't complete the project in the first place. And the computer cannot turn on without the power supply so no bios or other information can be obtained. tanks