How do I remove write protection from a USB memory stick?
How do I remove the write protection from the USB?
Please backup all your Data before formatting.
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick if there is no Write protection ON or OFF button on stick then
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Before removing USB from your computer, Always remove it safely by going into to my computer then right click on USB and click eject.
Santosh123_123 said:i am having problem in copying file via usb to pendrive. it appears the dialogue box " error copying file or folder"in menu bar and in middle
cannot copy ....(file name): the path is too deep.
i will be very thankful to you.
Windows has a limitation where the entire path to a file cannot be over 255 characters. Microsoft has a command line copy program called "Robocopy" (Robust Copy) that can copy files without this limitation. This utility can be found in the Resource Kit Package. Try using this program to copy your files.
Microsoft's explanation is in the following article:
"Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces"
Also note that a a very large file, for example, 10 GB file cannot exist on a FAT-formatted volume. Make sure that your destination volume is formatted as NTFS.
Do not piggyback your problem on another unrelated post. Start your own post in the future.