Have phenom 9950 cpu, heatsink and fan died

Volleybalk

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I need a new one, what would be my best option, and will i need to take apart the entire system to replace it? I am hoping to just get one i can place on top just like the stock to save work and hassle.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

I don't think you can buy stock fans, and even if you could they'd be the same price as a secondhand cooler including the heatsink.

Volleybalk

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Any chance you know where i could pick up a fan or second hand sink?, I did have another comp I took apart the sink and fan and used the fan from the old sink. now i need a new fan or total package. I just dont want to have to dissasemble my rig if i dont have too. Im really looking for an am2+ clip sink and fan that does not require a back mount.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

You could post a topic here asking people if they've got a spare AM2 Phenom cooler, I don't live in the same country you live in so I don't know what other sites would be good for you to buy a secondhand cooler.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

Regardless, he is worrying about dis-assembly so even if he get a new fan with heatsink he doesn't need to get into replacing the heatsink process.