Cant find usb driver for finepix A205

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutz4tea

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Bought used Fujifilm Finepix A 205 a few years ago without manual or software but found usb drivers online and it worked fine for years. Suddenly my computer won't recognize the camera and the drivers won't reinstall (corrupt?). I've tried to download and install drivers from fujifilm but nothing is working. Should I just forget about it and get a new camera (which I can't afford to do right now) or is there some other problem(s) I should be looking at? (btw....older Compaq presario with xp)

Solution

I use Fuji a400 camera. It reacts a little differently, so I don't know about the little picture you are referring to. Nor do I know what "camera acknowledges" means.....You see lights flashing on the camera ?

Here is how the A400 reacts.
connect to USB.
Turn camera on.
Get connect sound.
Camera lights flash (sending pix to hard drive.)...

Item #8 on this link ?

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/ServiceSupportBrowse.do?prodcat=616699&sscucatid=664260

wutz4tea

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Yes...I went there...downloaded it, installed it, but there's something else going on that won't let my camera communicate with computer...but thanks for your reply anyway...wtz4t

ok, well your title says you can't find it. When you plug the camera in, do you get the connect sound (low high bong) ? Have you tried different USB Port ?

Might disconnect other USB perpherals, and try just camera.

wutz4tea

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
(i was thinking i didn't have the proper driver for some reason) When I plug it in, the camera acknowledges, but the computer does not make the sound. The little picture that shows them communicating does not come on either. When I try to "add a device" it only shows for other cameras that I don't have...sorry about the miscommunication...just frustrated... tried other ports...nothing worked...

I use Fuji a400 camera. It reacts a little differently, so I don't know about the little picture you are referring to. Nor do I know what "camera acknowledges" means.....You see lights flashing on the camera ?

Here is how the A400 reacts.
connect to USB.
Turn camera on.
Get connect sound.
Camera lights flash (sending pix to hard drive.)
I then open my computer & go to drive assigned to camera.
If there is no new drive in "My Computer" assigned to the Camera, then it could be the USB cable (had to replace mine), or possible the USB setting in the camera menu got changed, and cannot connect to Computer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.