swoperet

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Looking for a review of the Thermaltake Armor + LCS case. I am coupling it with the i7-920 overclocked to 4.0 with Asus P6T Deluxe V2 board. To my understanding, this case is not ESA compliant, so I think I would need a third party source for CPU temp readings if the mobo doesn't supply this or in BIOS or elsewhere. Using Corsair Dominator memory (6 or 8 gigs), Western 1T HD, Samsung IDE's, GTX 275 card and Corsair 1000w modular PSU. Also Samsung 23" monitor. Suggestions on this case or similarly priced LCS alternative which will keep the i7 happy would be helpful. Thanks.

ShtBrix

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
Don't get it. Thermaltake water cooling is generally crap. A high end air cooler like the Megahalems or True would probably beat it. IMO if your going to watercool, make your own loop. A good cpu only loop will cost around $200. Read Conumdrum's post for advice.

swoperet

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
OK. So it's a 'NO' for the Thermaltake crap. Then, if Swiftech, how do I find a case where the rad and attached fans fit on the inside of the case? If I purchased a plain Thermaltake Armor + case w/o the LCS, can I put the rad/fan setup on the bottom where there is space for 2 aux. 120mm fans? Also, what good is a sliding platform for the mobo when you've got limiting hoses which are waterblock oriented?