Status
Not open for further replies.

Devicehead

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
hi folks.
sorry if I missed it but I search around alot and didnt see anything like the problem I am experiencing. I have a corsair 64GB SSD and everything is really sweet. OS installed fine (Windows 7 - 64bit, AHCI mode), boot time and app. access are quicker than ever. The only problem I have is when Installing games from a DVD the system will repeatedly run long processes on the SSD. The LED for HD activity will beam constant for about 5 minuites and then the program will continue to install. it will go through alot of files but then repeat the long activity again before continuing to install more files. Large games like MMORPGs this will occur about 5-6 times seriously lengthening the normal install time. After it is finally installed, patching is nice and quick with no issues and running the program is just fine. Only on the initial install do I notice this behavior. Any input or advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Device

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Hi,
Personally I don't install any large simulators or games onto my SSD, however, I do have a similar problem when installing my operating system, whenever I reinstall my windows 7, the install just stalls for 10minutes and then installs very very slow, but then once installed it works like lightning. I don't know what the problem could be but sounds awfully similar.

That part says me that you are using a not legal (pirated) game.

We DON'T support not-legal software or games.

Buy the legal game, if the problems continue come back to Tom's forum.

If with "patchin" you mean game updates, PM me and I will open the thread again.

TracerXL

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

Just got my new Corsair Force Series 3 SSD and installed Crysis 2 (legal copy) from the dvd. It took ages to install, but when i play I notice an increase in performance. Also when I installed my Windows 7 64bit (from usb drive) it took 10 minutes in the "Completing installation..." stage, but once you get passed that it is extremely fast.

Is there any advice or info on why it's installing so slow from a DVD or usb drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.