I have two hard drives, both are 500gigs. Everything in my computer is installed on 1 drive and the second drive is completely empty. If I were to install the few games I play on the second drive, would that lead to faster load times since that is the only thing on the drive? Thanks for any answers. Both drives are 7500rpms.
Installing on the second drive would lead to theoretically faster load times (it can be doing OS stuff on one drive and reading SW off the other) but almost certainly not enough to notice.
And many games don't offer you a choice of where to install the game; it goes in the /program files directory, period. You can
1) Put lots of data on the second
2) Move the swap file to the second so that you will be using both drives at once
3) Mirror your first drive to the second to protect against disk failure
4) Paint the second drive green and use it as a plant
5) About a million other things. I personally always separate my system disk from data disks (or partitions) to make system restore and data backup easier.