Hi,

My setup:
Intel Q8200 C2Q 2.3 Ghz
Asus P5QL Pro
Asus EN9800GT Hybrid Power
4Gb Corsair dominator 1.033 Ghz
Corsair 650W power
Vista 32bit

I notice the fan doesn't go beyond 2400-2600 RPM, even under a GPU stress test and rising temp to more than 80 degrees C... (Smart Doctor 3.58).

Is this a fault? is it a problem with Smart Doctor or with card?

TIA
Regards
3 answers Last reply
More about asus en9800gt hybrid power control
  1. I have that exact same card, that is normal operating fan speed and temp
  2. Welcome to the forums!

Nothing to worry about there, GPU's are designed to run quite hot.
    At 80°c, your GPU is barely even breaking a sweat.
    Until you start getting into the 95°c range, you have no worries.
  3. outlw6669 said:
    Welcome to the forums!

Nothing to worry about there, GPU's are designed to run quite hot.
    At 80°c, your GPU is barely even breaking a sweat.
    Until you start getting into the 95°c range, you have no worries.

Many thanks for the replies... I am more relaxed. I posted this because Smart Doctor shows a range of fan speed up to 10000RPM, so I supposed it would at least fire to around 3500 or 4000 at high temperatures.

I tried another stress tester for GPU that pushed temp to 92 degrees maybe in about 5 minutes ... after 85 degrees the temp raised on about 1 degree every 30 seconds, I don't know if it would go much higher since I aborted the test afraid of some burning :??: it was even stranger since at that temp, Smart Doctor showed fan speed like bouncing between 2200 and 2600 rpm, up and down...

All this because I am trying to find a reason to my daughter complains that SIMS3 just closes randomly after aout 30 minutes of use ... no errors, no sistem crashes ... the program just closes. I think that maybe from SIMS since I have everything updated in computer ... or maybe an error on directX ?... have to do more testings...

BTW, I forgot to mention... Smart Doctor voltage indication is blank - it shows nothing in that tab, no gauge, nothing. any thoughts?

Best Regards
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Corsair Dominator Graphics