Sign in with
Your question

BEST PERFORMER

Last response: in Storage
February 14, 2011 5:06:18 AM

Hello,I am proposing to buy a hard 1 TB disk for my desktop.I am a hard core gamer.For fast performance please advise the TOP one.I am thinking about Samsung Spinpoint F3 and WD Black .Please advise
Thanks

More about : performer

February 14, 2011 9:12:51 AM

The black has faster access times while the F3 has faster sequential transfer speeds. From what I understand, games mostly benefit from the latter, so the F3 might have a slight edge. But it also depends on the game, games that constantly load stuff in real time should benefit from faster access times. Overall there isn't a big performance difference between the 2 drives - either one is a good choice.
m
l
February 14, 2011 10:03:50 AM

WD Black will be faster if you get the SATA-III with 64MB cache (WD1002FAEX) vs SATA-II 32MB F3. Even faster performance can be had from WD Raptor, Seagate Momentus XT, and SSD drives but none will be 1TB and they cost a lot more.
m
l
February 24, 2011 1:05:43 AM

drevin said:
The black has faster access times while the F3 has faster sequential transfer speeds. From what I understand, games mostly benefit from the latter, so the F3 might have a slight edge. But it also depends on the game, games that constantly load stuff in real time should benefit from faster access times. Overall there isn't a big performance difference between the 2 drives - either one is a good choice.

Thanks for a good answer.
m
l
!