Cars

Looks like Sims can drive cars in the 'Nightlife' expansion pack, (I
haven't seen this posted anywhere yet).
quote:
Finally, you will be able to purchase a car, which is something fans
have been clamoring for since the original game. This will be a gameplay
challenge, as you have to save up for the car, but the reward is that
you get to select from several different models. A car means that your
sim or sims will no longer be reliant on taxicabs to go out, and that's
good news because it eliminates all the time wasted waiting for a cab to
arrive. And as you probably know, time is easily the most valuable
commodity in the game. You also won't have to rely on the pesky morning
carpool, the one that honks its horn at your sim to hurry up to go to
work. As producer Tim LaTourneau explained, there's also a thrill when
you see your sims walk out their front door, head over to the driveway,
and pull out in their own vehicles.
unquote:
full story here

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2nightlife/preview_6125321.html

Yay!!I can't wait for this one.
---Sandra

Sanantone wrote:
> Looks like Sims can drive cars in the 'Nightlife' expansion pack, (I
> haven't seen this posted anywhere yet).
> quote:
> Finally, you will be able to purchase a car, which is something fans
> have been clamoring for since the original game. This will be a gameplay
> challenge, as you have to save up for the car

HAHA!

"Motherlode."

--
--Cuth

Ok. This settles it. I *have* to get this one.

One of the screenshots looks like they're talking about starsigns...

"So baby... what's YOUR sign... and aspiration?"

~*~
vecki

Hopefully we'll get some real garage doors too!

Bianca

Sanantone wrote:
> Looks like Sims can drive cars in the 'Nightlife' expansion pack, (I
> haven't seen this posted anywhere yet).
> quote:
> Finally, you will be able to purchase a car, which is something fans
> have been clamoring for since the original game. This will be a gameplay
> challenge, as you have to save up for the car, but the reward is that
> you get to select from several different models. A car means that your
> sim or sims will no longer be reliant on taxicabs to go out, and that's
> good news because it eliminates all the time wasted waiting for a cab to
> arrive. And as you probably know, time is easily the most valuable
> commodity in the game. You also won't have to rely on the pesky morning
> carpool, the one that honks its horn at your sim to hurry up to go to
> work. As producer Tim LaTourneau explained, there's also a thrill when
> you see your sims walk out their front door, head over to the driveway,
> and pull out in their own vehicles.
> unquote:
> full story here
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2nightlife/preview_6125321.html
>
> Yay!!I can't wait for this one.
> ---Sandra

Guardian Pegasus said:
"I'm already sold on every EP they'll produce... ever... I'm a sims
crack-addict!"

I say:

Oh don't get me wrong, so am I... I bought Sims 2 before I'd even
finished upgrading my computer to be able to handle it, and University
the first day I saw it on sale... but Nightlife REALLY has me excited.
Uni got a fairly humdrum reaction from me when I heard about it, but
this one ... I'm checking out the website every day to see if any new
screenshots have gone up, looking for any bit of publicity I can find
about it. The only thing that doesn't have my pulse racing is the
vampiric potential.

~*~
vecki

YAY.. This looks like it's going to be fun. Hey, I wonder if the teens are
going to do Driver's Ed., Wreck The New Car, Get Tickets..

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Looks like Sims can drive cars in the 'Nightlife' expansion pack, (I
> haven't seen this posted anywhere yet).
> quote:
> Finally, you will be able to purchase a car, which is something fans have
> been clamoring for since the original game. This will be a gameplay
> challenge, as you have to save up for the car, but the reward is that you
> get to select from several different models. A car means that your sim or
> sims will no longer be reliant on taxicabs to go out, and that's good news
> because it eliminates all the time wasted waiting for a cab to arrive. And
> as you probably know, time is easily the most valuable commodity in the
> game. You also won't have to rely on the pesky morning carpool, the one
> that honks its horn at your sim to hurry up to go to work. As producer Tim
> LaTourneau explained, there's also a thrill when you see your sims walk
> out their front door, head over to the driveway, and pull out in their own
> vehicles.
> unquote:
> full story here
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2nightlife/preview_6125321.html
>
> Yay!!I can't wait for this one.
> ---Sandra

On Wed, 18 May 2005 16:25:01 GMT, Sanantone
<shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Finally, you will be able to purchase a car, which is something fans
>have been clamoring for since the original game. This will be a gameplay

*SMOOCHES SANANTONE*

WOO! Proof positive Maxis really _are_ listening to the fans!

Well, we were meant to get cars with the original game but they weren't able
to finish that part before the release date, so they're only implementing
stuff that is at least already partly there (if you look at the games files,
there is stuff about cars already in there). Maybe we'll get the weather at
a later stage.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:iacn81t59gpelcc4nli065na6hmjf0ih12@4ax.com...

On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:48:45 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> A new aspiration! Yay! "Pleasure". Well, with one new one there
>are bound to be more, no? Yippee!

More aspirations? In later expansions, perhaps, but Nightlife only has
1 new. I think they're having trouble coming up with them, hehe.

"EA already has Nightlife in alpha, meaning that all the parts are in
the game. It's just a matter of tuning, fixing, testing, and balancing
before it ships out sometime this summer."

Wow, it might arrive sooner than anticipated?

More in the article:
*Bowling alleys
*Nightclubs
*Restaurants
*Half-walls (wonder what this is?)
*Diagonal pools - YES!!!
*New lighting engine - WHOA! The old one wasn't half bad, but it was
pretty inaccurate and kind of lame... the new one looks amazing!

The orb dancing thing for the nightclubs look cool lol! And the
lighting... man I thought it was just fancy rendering for the game
promo... but it looks like it will actually make it into the game.

No mention of vampires though... but I bet they'll be in the game too.
A lot of people LOVE gothic stuff, and Maxis seems to be listening to
their fans... I wouldnt be surprised if the next EP is with pets, or
the one after that. I also think vampires will not age... in tune both
with their mythos, and the fact that a lot of people also want some
sims to live indefinately, and others not, without depending on the
aging on and off cheat.

And look at the nightclub... people are standing outside in line,
heheh and the pic where the woman spills her drink on the guy... ah
sims, how I adore thee :)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> *Half-walls (wonder what this is?)

My guess: a wall that only comes up to one's waist, so one can see
partly into the next room, without having a window there.

Just a guess.

--
--Cuth

On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:06:53 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>My guess: a wall that only comes up to one's waist, so one can see
>partly into the next room, without having a window there.

Kinda wondering how that works though... but it might be cool to build
balconies and stuff with it :)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:06:53 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>My guess: a wall that only comes up to one's waist, so one can see
>>partly into the next room, without having a window there.
>

> Kinda wondering how that works though... but it might be cool to build
> balconies and stuff with it :)

Ticket counters, things you can lean over.

Maybe that "Psychiatric help 5 cents" booth that Lucy used to have...

--
--Cuth

On Wed, 18 May 2005 19:22:56 -0500, "Giganews" <mike@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>YAY.. This looks like it's going to be fun. Hey, I wonder if the teens are
>going to do Driver's Ed., Wreck The New Car, Get Tickets..

I fear teens probably wont be able to drive... school, school bus and
all...

On 18 May 2005 18:06:50 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ok. This settles it. I *have* to get this one.

I'm already sold on every EP they'll produce... ever... I'm a sims
crack-addict!

>One of the screenshots looks like they're talking about starsigns...
>
>"So baby... what's YOUR sign... and aspiration?"

I miss the "ask about job" etc. from Hot Date... makes it difficult to
pair people up when you don't really know what they're into.

Am 18 May 2005 18:06:50 -0700 schrieb vecki:

> Ok. This settles it. I *have* to get this one.
>
> One of the screenshots looks like they're talking about starsigns...
>
> "So baby... what's YOUR sign... and aspiration?"

I agree. Didn't get Uni yet because it doesn't seem so thrilling to me,
I'll wait till it's cheaper. But Nightlife will definitely be bought as
soon as it comes out!

Dorte

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:48:45 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
>

>>A new aspiration! Yay! "Pleasure". Well, with one new one there
>>are bound to be more, no? Yippee!
>>

>More aspirations? In later expansions, perhaps, but Nightlife only has
>1 new. I think they're having trouble coming up with them, hehe.
>
>"EA already has Nightlife in alpha, meaning that all the parts are in
>the game. It's just a matter of tuning, fixing, testing, and balancing
>before it ships out sometime this summer."
>
>Wow, it might arrive sooner than anticipated?
>
>More in the article:
>*Bowling alleys
>*Nightclubs
>*Restaurants
>*Half-walls (wonder what this is?)
>*Diagonal pools - YES!!!
>*New lighting engine - WHOA! The old one wasn't half bad, but it was
>pretty inaccurate and kind of lame... the new one looks amazing!
>
>The orb dancing thing for the nightclubs look cool lol! And the
>lighting... man I thought it was just fancy rendering for the game
>promo... but it looks like it will actually make it into the game.
>
>No mention of vampires though... but I bet they'll be in the game too.
>A lot of people LOVE gothic stuff, and Maxis seems to be listening to
>their fans... I wouldnt be surprised if the next EP is with pets, or
>the one after that. I also think vampires will not age... in tune both
>with their mythos, and the fact that a lot of people also want some
>sims to live indefinately, and others not, without depending on the
>aging on and off cheat.
>
>And look at the nightclub... people are standing outside in line,
>heheh and the pic where the woman spills her drink on the guy... ah
>sims, how I adore thee :)

One of my Sims looked at me the other day and pulled a face which I
can only describe as *fiendish* if she had fangs she would have looked
just like a Vampire, I think Maxis will include them.
---Sandra

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Sanantone wrote:
>
>> Looks like Sims can drive cars in the 'Nightlife' expansion pack, (I
>> haven't seen this posted anywhere yet).
>> quote:
>> Finally, you will be able to purchase a car, which is something fans
>> have been clamoring for since the original game. This will be a
>> gameplay challenge, as you have to save up for the car
>

> HAHA!
>
> "Motherlode."

Yeah Maxis we don't need to send our Sims to work, we cheat, (well I do)
---Sandra