Solved

Why get a ssd hardrive?

why get a ssd hardrive?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hardrive
  1. Best answer
    That's a very good question. The most common answer in this and other forums seems to be Windows, games, software, and other applications will initially load faster. In addition a few items that are called up will also load faster. For example, if you are playing a game and need to consult a map, the map might load faster. The improved speed and performance can vary quite a bit between different types of ssd's and applications.

The downside is the price. For the time being SSD's are expensive for consumers. It will be a few years before prices are reduced significantly. In addition, ssd's will not improve anything done on the Internet.

There is also the issue of "bragging rights" - be the first one with the newest, fastest, biggest, beast available.
  2. Best answer selected by markusX64.
  3. Markusx64 said:
    why get a ssd hardrive?

Bragging rights!
  4. Markusx64 said:
    why get a ssd hardrive?

Because you want one! :bounce:
  5. Markusx64 said:
    why get a ssd hardrive?

My desktop computers have fast hard drives and boot pretty quickly, but I have some apps to run that do take a long time to load. An SSD would help with this. My home desktop computer doesn't run any big apps so I don't see that there would be any benefit for me to put an SSD in that one.

Also I have 2 laptops and they take a long time to boot, probably due to relatively slow hard drives. I would like to convert both of them to SSD. This would help them to boot faster, and make them hybernate and wake up faster too.
  6. Trust me, you'll notice the difference. Even bloatware like MS Word 2007 loads in a second or two.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage Product