Software anti shock hdd

G

I have a Wd scorpio 320 Gb, and it has a problem of delays when i move it arround. Every and each time there is a minor movement it signals "delays" on the hdd regenerator softwre. What shell i do?

G

This is a Laptop hdd from a Acer Extensa. 2.5 inches. A WD Scorpio to be precise.
Hdd regenerator is a recovery hdd softwre, that is very useful to detect and solve
bad sector situations. The thing is that every time that we shake it the gos another
"delay" sector. May be a firmware update or an anti shock softawre will solve it, i don´t no. By the way were can i get some firmware for this. I.ve tryed WD website, but there´s nothing there. Thanks!

Hard disks have accelerometers built into them that can detect if the drive is moved and then put the hard drives heads into the parked position to help protect the disk. You will then get a small delay as the drive waits until movement has stopped and reposition the heads. You can’t do anything about this nor is it desirable to do so as the function is built into the hard drives firmware.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

+1 to pjmelect on the info provided. Sounds like your HDD is doing what it should, as long as bad sectors aren't resulting. You must get the firmware updates from either WD or Acer. Any other source would be suspect and may brick the HDD. Is HDD Regenerator an Acer tool/app?