Sign in with
Your question

No hard disk detected

Last response: in Motherboards
November 29, 2009 2:23:52 PM

I have an ASUS P6t Deluxe vs. I have loaded windows 7 etc. yet in the POST it says no hard drive detected. I have read diabling the jmicron contoller fixes this but I can't find this in the bios. Guess this doesn't cause any problems but would like for it to go away.

Thanks

More about : hard disk detected

November 29, 2009 6:33:57 PM

gdurbin said:
I have an ASUS P6t Deluxe vs. I have loaded windows 7 etc. yet in the POST it says no hard drive detected. I have read diabling the jmicron contoller fixes this but I can't find this in the bios. Guess this doesn't cause any problems but would like for it to go away.

Thanks

I have the same problem. After the mobo screen loads, it says: "No Hard Disk Found". I have an OCZ Vertex SSD drive as my hard drive, and it works fine, but my computer does take a little longer than it should to startup IMO (over a minute from power on to desktop). I have been getting Event ID 100 warnings since my build (and haven't figured out how to resolve it).
a b V Motherboard
November 29, 2009 9:55:50 PM

OK I dont have a p6t but I had a look at the manual and it says it uses Marvell controller(just like older asus boards) not Jmicron, so try looking for Marvell Storage Controller in Advanced menu and disable it.
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2009 5:37:44 AM

disable onboard IDE, and its just detection, it doesnt matter that nothing is detected aka not plugged into the IDE channel, but disabling all IDE ports in general speed up boot times even during windows loading etc (less device detection, delay/wait etc)
November 30, 2009 12:12:39 PM

MaDMagik said:
OK I dont have a p6t but I had a look at the manual and it says it uses Marvell controller(just like older asus boards) not Jmicron, so try looking for Marvell Storage Controller in Advanced menu and disable it.

The Marvell Controller was it...thanks for the help!
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2009 7:02:14 PM

No problem, I suffered the same some time ago :) 
December 1, 2009 3:38:39 AM

I have the same problem with an ASUS P5K-EPU. It says marvell adapter 1 does not detect disk. But yet it detects it in the boot sequence in the bios. I'm using XP PRO 64. Your saying turn off marvell controller in the bios? Thanks
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2009 11:20:30 AM

Yep, replied in your other thread.
December 1, 2009 4:43:45 PM

I set the "Timeout to wait for IDE" or whatever it was in the BIOS from 35 to 0, is this what you were referring to? Or is the Marvel Controller something else? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob and I've done a lot of research trying to figure out why my boot times are slow (getting Event ID 100s every day), and have been trying some things I've found.

PS - I removed my additional DVD burner (older) which was using IDE, and causing big slowdowns on bootup for me, so I am not using IDE. Though under OCZ Vertex (my SSD drive, primary HD) it has the option of AHCI and IDE mode I think, and I believe it is set to IDE - is this right? I am using Sata cable (and it is plugged into SATA port 3 (1 and 2 were hard to reach), is this fine?

Thanks for your help!
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2009 9:31:17 PM

Nope, itys not ide timeout, its called Marvell Storage Controller and it can be found and disabled in ADVANCED tab in bios. Since you dont have IDE devices connected anymore than go and disable it. If hdd is set to ide mode than dont change it to ascii, I know it may sound misleading but leave that thing alone. Marvell Storage Controller is what you want, chapter 3.5.3 in your mobo manual.
!