Sign in with
Your question

Is AMD Fusion worth Downloading?

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2009 10:30:47 AM

At the moment I use both ATI Catalyst Control Center (for my 2 Crossfired HD4850) and AMD Overdrive (for my Phenom II X4 940). Is AMD Fusion worth downloading and what exactly can I do with it. oh, I'm a gamer (hardcore) btw.
September 10, 2009 10:54:22 AM

with the rig you have it wouldn't make any difference , basically all it does is stop some services that are running in the background , if you had an old rig it would be worth it
September 10, 2009 3:13:19 PM

You may want to check alacritypc it gives you all sorts of options including shutting down explorer and start up Items , to save Ram and also allows you to shut down and restart services . It is freeware by Ken Salter the creator of FSautostart This program works with VISTA

http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/download.html
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2009 5:29:49 PM

Hah, larrjeet certainly had the same problem as me in Vista ;) . Never mind that, AMD fusion works perfectly in Vista, you just need to make a custom profile and disable AMD boost feature which crashes. So I guess it is as it has some nice options.
September 10, 2009 5:45:16 PM

Cryslayer80 said:
Hah, larrjeet certainly had the same problem as me in Vista ;) . Never mind that, AMD fusion works perfectly in Vista, you just need to make a custom profile and disable AMD boost feature which crashes. So I guess it is as it has some nice options.

Ok thats what it is I wondered why it locked up !!
September 10, 2009 6:19:59 PM

Ok retried it and it works great I did see an FSP increase on Xplane . I think you could use it in conjuntion With AlacrityPC to shut down VISTA explorer and Gain alot of ram
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2009 7:15:08 PM

;)  I knew it because you sounded angry and I was TOO. But that feature is useless anyway as it is only necessary in XP or older due to some driver optimizations.
September 10, 2009 7:58:57 PM

and they have other software too...

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Advanced SystemCare™ Free v3 Designed for Windows® 7, Vista™, XP and 2000 (32bit and 64bit)

Smart Defrag Designed for Windows® Vista™, XP, 2000. and Windows® 7

IObit Security 360™ Designed for Windows® 7, Vista™, XP and 2000 (32bit and 64bit)
!