Will Crysis Work Well On My System?

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Windows 7 64 Bit
Core i7 920 @3.6 ghz
3x 2GB 1600mhz RAM
2 GTX 260 Core 216 OCed @ 694 Core Clock, 1491 Shader Clock, 1166 Memory Clock, SLI

I recognize that those first 3 things I mentioned are top of the line, but will my graphics cards be a problem? I want to have a great gameplay experience, but I want to know what that will be like before I buy the game. Thanks.

jennyh

Splendid

Your system is great but I doubt you'll have a great gameplay experience with Crysis either way. Maybe get Fallout 3 or something instead. :D

jennyh

Splendid

Lol i tried it but it was just like farcry (1). Horrible game that looks great. :D Fallout 3 on the other hand is amazing, and I didn't even like Oblivion (loved Morrowind though).

crysis is meeeh, it's pretty (even on low) but i thought there could have been some good non-linear game play with the cryengine2 as apposed to the linear path you have to follow throughout the game

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
So Fallout 3 is an rpg (awsome) thatyou guys speak highly of... Great graphics and storyline? i think I might go for that instead. Any suggestions?

Yeh...you really can't compare Fallout3 which is an RPG, with Crysis, which is an FPS.

I've played Crysis from start to finish and I can tell you that it actually is a great game...(if you can actually run it on good gfx).

Two GTX260s will run Crysis maxed out at 1680x1050 (even with Ultra-High gfx mod and AA at x4)

ndositwe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Your Core i7 setup is an admirable build, which Crysis will work easily well with your SLI configuration. I'm hoping you'll enjoy and fall in love with Crysis when you give it a go.

jennyh

Splendid
The line between each is pretty blurry though. Ok Crysis is more fps in terms of skill required but you're still pointing guns and shooting stuff for most of it. As mindless728 alluded to, it's the non-linear gameplay that really sets them apart.

Fallout is a much easier game to play and get into and Crysis has a steep learning curve that puts a lot of people off it (myself included). There's no reason not to try out both however and see what is more your style.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
With a rig like that, you're worried about plunking down a few more bucks for Crysis? Give me a break. Yes, it will eat Crysis at full settings. I can play it w/no stutter at very high (no AA/AF) with 1 285 GTX, Q9550 2.83GHZ, 4G 800MHZ at 1920x1080.

BTW, It IS a GREAT game. It isn't at all like FC1. The graphics are generations apart. Sheesh!

I initially found Crysis @ hard too easy, so I had to download the advanced AI mod (that came with Cuban-Doomsword's Ultra High graphics mod) that makes the enemy much more intelligent w/ u having like half the standard armor/hp.

I did try Crysis vanilla @ delta, but for me, it just seemed the AI didn't become more intelligent - they just seemed to never miss?

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008

They may not have become more intelligent, but some gameplay crutches were removed. It was a nice way of making it more difficult without just adjusting damage (though are you right about the never missing part.)

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
shoot...even my rig plays crysis at 1900x1200 (not all max settings but a mix between high and medium but still looks effing amazing)

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
No, I don't use it, though I should try it for the AI settings. I'm very picky about my framerates/performance, so I doubt I'd use any graphic enhancing mods.

8800 GT sli @ 1280x960, but I average some 58 fps with most settings around high.

boudy

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
@jennyh:
Troll much? (Just kidding)

As those who are on topic have said, your system will run Crysis without a problem.

@Fallout 3 versus Crysis discussion:
Both games have their ups and downs. To be honest, I really liked Crysis' storyline.
Even though Fallout 3 has non-linear gameplay, I still prefer a good storyline and lots of guns :D.