beanymattd

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Hi, basically i'm wanting to upgrade my Dell Dimension 4600i
Current specs are:
3.06GHz - CPU
3GB RAM
HD Radeon 3650 AGP

I'm looking to get a new motherboard, CPU, power supply etc, for as cheap as possible.

The game i mainly play is World of Warcraft and i'm having trouble with Frame rate issues.

In conclusion i'm looking for a new system/upgrade that will increase my frame rate dramatically.

Thanks and if you need any more information, give me a shout!

ulysses35

Distinguished
First question... how much are you looking to spend ? I msure you will get some money selling off you old PC as a whole.... or do you want to use some of the bits ?

G

Forget upgrading the Dell, you may possibly use the DVD drive and HDD for secondry storage, but you are looking at a whole new build here.

What is your budget mate? Any new system will give you an improvement over what you have or what it will upgrade to!!

beanymattd

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Even as a temporary upgrade i'm looking to replace/upgrade parts in my computer that will give me the biggest FPS increase, which is all im concerned about currently.

G

As far as biggest FPS will go eith upgrading your current PC, The Gpu to 3850, replace the power supply to handle the 3850 and get 2gb more Ram, total cost roughly £160-£180, Personally far too much to go on an old system, hunt around on e-bay for second hand parts or look in micromart classifieds...

And then you are not talking a huge framerate increase here at all, in large raids in wow, you will still get performance issures, as the cpu is the major bottleneck as well, you could get a faster one, but then you have built a new OLD pc so might as well have built a New NEW one.....