brentkhack

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I have the 2500k with the Extreme4 mobo. After only a few mins it will reboot. This happens when OC and also with no OC. I have tried to disable c1e, c3, c6, speedstep, all in different steps with no positive results. This is with Vista business if that matters.

Those settings wouldn't cause the computer to reboot at random. Put them all back to their default values.

What are the temps of the CPU cores before it reboots? It's possible your heat sink isn't installed correctly.

The problem could also be your power supply.

Check out the link in my signature. Lots of useful info on "no boot" problems, including PSU voltages to compare. The basic gist of testing the PSU is to check if your voltages are within tolerance. To do this, you'll need a multimeter. Take the black probe and touch it against anything bare metal in your case, or touch it against the back of any black wire on the P1 connector (the 20/24-pin plug). As for the red probe, touch it against the non-black colored wires and compare your voltage readings to what the voltages should be; again, these values can be found in the troubleshooting guide, so click on the link

brentkhack

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Well I did go back to the default settings. I now only oc through asrock extreme tuning utility at 4.2 and have had no problems in two days of using it. I wonder if it was messing up with the uefi somehow. Don't know but will keep a watch on things.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I heard of this issue before on here is that a P67 MOBO.....go to goggle and type in something like "constant reboot on P67 motherboards" it is called the reboot loop... check this out

www.overclock.net/archive/f-6-p-5.html

brentkhack

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I well check that out, thanks. The psu tester came up with "LL" for low voltage on the +12aV2. I sent an rma request to corsair. I'm not sure how they will handle this being this is a computer I won here at tomshardware.com. I'm crossing my fingers, I dont have the funds to replaced this now.