Would like some help/suggestions for a CPU fan that will fit.

Nyvae

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm uncertain what type of aftermarket cooling to get for my new CPU. I have read that many cooling options conflict with RAM or the depth of the case, and I just do not have enough experience to know what may or may not fit for me. As an aside, noise level is really important to me - I'm trying to keep my PC relatively quiet. I'd prefer that my PC components not break, above all, though.

Here is what I will be using:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M PRO (Rev. 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core-i5 2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
Case: Cooler Master Elite 335

Thanks for reading. I hope to hear from someone soon!

stew198269

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
i had a zalman 9700 before i upgraded to the corsair h70 this weekend which i wood recommend but dont be a fool like me and think it will fit as i had a mission getting it in. looking at ur cas i wood say the zalman 9700 wood fit and is a good cooler the zalman 9500 is abit smaller and a good cooler

RussK1

Splendid

The Corsair H50 would fit, just take the plastic vent off the side panel. I always thought those were stupid anyway. The H50, 60 and 70 are very easy on the motherboard. In my opinion, stay away from the air coolers that have those dumb plastic clips. God I've had nothing but bad luck with those things.