Intel Boot Agent

Due to a problem the motherboard was replaced with the
same as it was before: IntelD865PERX (865E Chipset). At
boot up now this comes up first on the screen: Intel (R)
Boot Agent, GE v 1.2.10 PXE 2.1 Built 083 (WfM2.0)RPL
v1.20. This did not happend before the motherboard
replacement.
Is this Boot Agent necessary? What is the purpose of
this?
WinXP Pro Media Addition OS.
4 answers Last reply
More about intel boot agent

    Go into te BIOS and turn off the Intel logo.

    "Steven4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Due to a problem the motherboard was replaced with the
    > same as it was before: IntelD865PERX (865E Chipset). At
    > boot up now this comes up first on the screen: Intel (R)
    > Boot Agent, GE v 1.2.10 PXE 2.1 Built 083 (WfM2.0)RPL
    > v1.20. This did not happend before the motherboard
    > replacement.
    > Is this Boot Agent necessary? What is the purpose of
    > this?
    > WinXP Pro Media Addition OS.

    boot agent is not needed? Why was it on?
    >.

    It is on by default in the BIOS - you, the owner, have the option of turning
    it off.

> [...]

    this Boot Agent necessary and what is the purpose for
    beeing on the program.

Configuration Boot Intel Motherboards Windows XP