Intel Boot Agent

Due to a problem the motherboard was replaced with the
same as it was before: IntelD865PERX (865E Chipset). At
boot up now this comes up first on the screen: Intel (R)
Boot Agent, GE v 1.2.10 PXE 2.1 Built 083 (WfM2.0)RPL
v1.20. This did not happend before the motherboard
replacement.
Is this Boot Agent necessary? What is the purpose of
this?
WinXP Pro Media Addition OS.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go into te BIOS and turn off the Intel logo.

"Steven4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Due to a problem the motherboard was replaced with the
> same as it was before: IntelD865PERX (865E Chipset). At
> boot up now this comes up first on the screen: Intel (R)
> Boot Agent, GE v 1.2.10 PXE 2.1 Built 083 (WfM2.0)RPL
> v1.20. This did not happend before the motherboard
> replacement.
> Is this Boot Agent necessary? What is the purpose of
> this?
> WinXP Pro Media Addition OS.

boot agent is not needed? Why was it on?
>.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It is on by default in the BIOS - you, the owner, have the option of turning
it off.

> [...]

this Boot Agent necessary and what is the purpose for
beeing on the program.