Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W work with 4850 X2?

Would anyone know if a Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W PSU will supply enough power to a Radeon 4850 X2?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about rosewill rp600v2 600w work 4850
  1. If you've not already bought it, that Rosewill PSU is an older, inefficient design. Some may accuse it of being garbage, but that I don't know, because a lesser model in that line did pass jonnyguru's testing. If you have it already, it should be enough, but the margin is likely pretty slim. If you don't already have it, an Antec Truepower New 550W PSU would work well for you.
  2. Thank you for your response. There is a good deal on this PSU on newegg (Rosewill case + this PSU for $50). I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I'm hoping on that slim margin that this will be enough for my GPU.
  3. If you have not yet bought it, then I would strongly urge you not to. There are too many remarkably better PSUs out there. At a minimum, look for full range Active PFC (no little voltage switch) and 80+ certification (or better; the Truepower New is 80+ bronze). The 80plus program tests at 20%, 50%, and 100% load. If a PSU passed, it means not only could it produce its labeled output (vs, for example, a Chokemax, which explodes at 75% load), it could do so efficiently.
  4. ^5 +1 what jtt283 said.

You posted "Radeon 4850 x2" If that means two Radeon HD 4850 video cards operating in dual Crossfire mode, then the general rule of thumb is a high quality 700 to 750 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the 12 volt rail(s) can easily handle a system with just about any two video cards.

Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, and Seasonic have a reputation for high quality psu's. They consistently earn high marks in technical reviews.
  5. +1 for not getting the ROSEWILL. Like said go Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, and Seasonic, Antec, or OCZ.

I'm assuming you are going with the the 4850X2 (Dual GPU card) and not CrossFire? Please clear this up.

@OP: List full specs and budget.
  6. Thank you guys for your great responses.

I have decided to not buy that PSU. I am leaning on getting this bundle from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.245596

Will that Antec TruePower 550W be enough to power a AMD X3 720BE and a Radeon 4850X2 (single card, not crossfiring)? I plan on unlocking the 4th core and/or may do some minor OC'ing. The board I plan on using will be http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128392

Thanks again.
  7. Unlocking the 4th core is not a sure thing. Assuming you get a mobo that still has a BIOS that can do it, the core may or may not be stable. YMMV. My 720BE only "sort of" unlocks, and I haven't yet taken the time to tweak it to see how stable I can get it. With a Q9450 as my primary, it hasn't been a priority.
  8. The TruePower 550 is cutting a bit close. I'd prefer a 600-650W PSU such as the 650TX.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Rosewill Power Radeon Components Product