Windows 7 + Radeon 4870 = Driver Issue :(

Lawl Attack

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Well today i installed a brand new XFX Radeon 4870 1 GB into my computer, and niether the cd it comes with or the drivers i downloaded off of AMD's own site will run. if i put in the disc i receive this :

and trying to run either the Catalyst + Driver install or just Driver alone will let me go as far as this:

as soon as i click either install or uninstall i get another crash error like the one from the XFX CD

This is my current Catalyst Info:

im trying to get CCC 9.6 or even some drivers for my new graphics card. i was running a radeon 4650 before.

ANY help is much appreciated, as i would like to know the issue at the least even if it cant be remedied.

Thanks

kingwaldo

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
i have a Gigabyte 4870 1GB with a 9950 black which ive owned for 6mths on a GA-MA790GP-DS4H, runs well on win7 apart from scattered screen when going into games. After you uninstal all your ATI drivers>delete the ATI folder in C:\ATI, then restart, wait for miceosoft drivers to go in then instal the ATI drivers(which you have downloaded from ATI\AMD.when you instal go on custom and leave out the folding and wartcraft stuff, less crap the better going in with the drivers. If that fowls just save what you cant loose and format, also use 64Bit Win7 and turn page file off. Goodluck

Lawl Attack

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
After uninstalling my drivers, and attempting both the CD and the downloaded drivers
1000 + times, i almost gave up. but it seems windows 7 has a update for this driver >.> i was able to just click it and it installed the radeon 4870 driver for me, hope this helps someone else :[]