topazzatale

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
i just buy ozc 2x2gb ddr2 1066 ram. my motherboard ep35 d3sl provide 4 slot: a1,b1,a2,b2 from left to right. when im installing the ram into the slot for dual channel purpose a1, a2, my computer cannot access the os, same goes to if i put it in slot b1, b2. and popup something like hardware failure....it only detect at bios but when it enter the os its crash. so now im using a1,b1 slot and it work fine. my question is.
1. is it ok if i put my ram at a1, b1 slot ? does it effect the computer?
2. is they any way to repair back the ram slot myself? if send back for warranty, it gonna take months.

please advice. thanks

bilbat

Splendid
1. is it ok if i put my ram at a1, b1 slot ? does it effect the computer?
...noticeably slower that way...
2. is they any way to repair back the ram slot myself?
Power down; remove one stick, leaving the only DIMM in 'a1'; power up; enter BIOS, cursor to "Load Optimized Defaults", <ENTER>, save, & exit; reboot; power down; add DIMM to 'a2'; power up - should be good...

MiketheWW2guy

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Just had something similar happen to me and after reading somewhere that it might be from the offset screws shorting out the motherboard, I tried to eliminate a few offsets. It took a few trys to find the offset screw that was shorting out one of my RAM slots, but that is what did it for me. The difference between what you are describing and what happened to me is that my system wouldn't POST if there was a stick of memory in the second slot. Anywhere else, things worked fine.