3 Displays, all in Clone Mode?? Windows 7 with ATI Radeon

OK, I am having a hard time finding the answer to this one. Here is my set up..

ATI 4890 HDMI out to a Optoma HD72 Projector running 720P native
Component out to a component video switcher for the rest of the house for video distribution 720P

These are set in Clone Mode and work fine.

However, I just bought a ATI 4670 video card to put in my rig to run a 3rd monitor with DVI out for aa display monitor next to my rig for more advanced PC work. I thought it would be simple to just add another card, plug in the DVI, and select clone mode on all three monitors. Apparently not. Windows 7 still only lets me clone 2 monitors and only extended the desktop on the 3rd monitor. Since I have even another DVI out, I would like to eventual run a 4th DVI monitor from this rig.

What am I doing wrong? Seems to be a simple request, but I cant seem to find anything online addressing a three monitor clone mode setup.
2 answers Last reply
More about displays clone mode windows radeon
  1. don't know ati's that well, but you can do advanced monitor options in any graphics cards control panel (ati catalyst control panel)
  2. I think I have tried every option on the control panel. Anyone have an idea of what to do?

Darn, I have to go help the wife cut pineapple.....be back soon.....%^%$^#$%&#^&
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors ATI Graphics