Sign in with
Your question

Stuck at splash screen

Last response: in Systems
June 9, 2009 4:46:14 PM

I recently upgraded my parents old machine with one of my old machines. They also want their old machine up and running, everything was fine until I installed linksys adaptar drivers and the pc froze in the process of doing it. I was forced to do a hardboot.

After I did the hard boot the PC won't move past the Compaq splash screen and it don't seem like the pc is getting the keyboards response. I rebooted over and over and came across an error message about a Master Boot Error, replace disk drive then press enter. I haven't been able to get that error message again though, because im stuck at the splash screen.

More about : stuck splash screen

a c 113 B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2009 12:59:11 AM

Quote:
They also want their old machine up and running

Specs? What was wrong with it?

Quote:
After I did the hard boot the PC won't move past the Compaq splash screen and it don't seem like the pc is getting the keyboards response.

So you can't get into the BIOS at all?

June 10, 2009 8:16:56 PM

There was nothing wrong with the old machine, it was just out dated and slow. So I gave them an old PC of mine that was up to date, with upgrades.

I can't get into BIOS at all, the PC boots up and the Compaq Splash screen just sits there and the PC receives no response from the keyboard. However, I did change the keyboard and mouse, and update the wireless linksys adapter drivers.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2009 8:37:46 PM

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?
What kind is the PSU?
!