I installed a new ssd won't boot windows help

residentdean

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I installed a new A data 64gb ssd, when I install windows It go's through the complete install but when it boots up it says the windows setup experienced an unexpected error and to reinstall windows. I have installed four times and I keep getting the error message please help!

Solution
You update the firmware, just like you would flash your BIOS... meaning you don't need to boot into Windows to update. All you need to do is download the required updated firmware and complete the steps required in the "readme" file.

When you install Windows 7, just make sure you don't have any other hard drive attached during the install. This is helpful to eliminate possible boot / install errors.

tecmo34

Administrator
You update the firmware, just like you would flash your BIOS... meaning you don't need to boot into Windows to update. All you need to do is download the required updated firmware and complete the steps required in the "readme" file.

When you install Windows 7, just make sure you don't have any other hard drive attached during the install. This is helpful to eliminate possible boot / install errors.

Solution