Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Recovering a RAW filesystem.

Last response: in Storage
February 17, 2011 12:26:34 AM

A few nights ago, the power in our home went out and when it came back on and I turned on my PC again, I found that one of my HDDs (The one I happened to store all of my family pictures in fact.) suddenly didn't have the little bar on the bottom with the free and total size of the HDD, and when I clicked it, it said, "H:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". When I went into the disk manager I saw the filesystem has turned from NTFS to RAW and it became 100% empty (according to the disk manager)

I'm hoping that my data hasn't actually been erased. Is there anything I can do do possible get that data back so I can then re-format the drive.

Thank you!
February 17, 2011 5:11:20 AM

Hi,
You can try this way ...is to take the drive out and attach it to a working pc to see if you can salvage the data . . it works best if you attach it to the secondary channel, the one with the CD/DVD drives.
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2011 1:34:16 AM

Allnsmth said:
Hi,
You can try this way ...is to take the drive out and attach it to a working pc to see if you can salvage the data . . it works best if you attach it to the secondary channel, the one with the CD/DVD drives.

I will try this and see what I get.
m
l
February 19, 2011 3:49:22 PM

Allnsmth said:
Hi,

Ok, I tried this and it still shows up as a RAW file system on my second computer. Anyone know what else I can do to try to recover my data?
m
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
February 19, 2011 5:53:52 PM

you need to find some software that will search for your data/files

February 19, 2011 6:19:14 PM

rand_79 said:
you need to find some software that will search for your data/files

Well, I have found some software that is for recovering deleted data and it finds everything I need but, I also used this drive for my OS a few years ago and It is also detecting all of my old OS data. So it's finding 1.6 TB of data on my 750GB drive from old OSs and my photos. I can't recover all of that at once.
m
l
February 25, 2011 11:49:37 PM

Best answer selected by ChoTai.
m
l
April 26, 2012 10:30:58 PM

chotai said:
Well, I have found some software that is for recovering deleted data and it finds everything I need but, I also used this drive for my OS a few years ago and It is also detecting all of my old OS data. So it's finding 1.6 TB of data on my 750GB drive from old OSs and my photos. I can't recover all of that at once.

Chotai

Please tell what software did you use I have same problem and would appreciate if you could let me know ! many Thanks

Donal
m
l
!