Stretching Skeletons

When I try to use the cheat stretchSkeleton to make some of the sims a
little taller than the rest, it never stays that way. Even after saving the
game. And if those sims go visiting to another house, they go back to
normal size. Am I doing something wrong or is it just supposed to be this
way?

Jeanie
6 answers Last reply
More about stretching skeletons

    Mine stayed short so not sure what to tell you :)
    did you use the format 1.1 or 1.10? Not sure if that would make a
    difference but it's worth a try.

    > When I try to use the cheat stretchSkeleton to make some of the sims a
    > little taller than the rest, it never stays that way. Even after saving
    > the
    > game. And if those sims go visiting to another house, they go back to
    > normal size. Am I doing something wrong or is it just supposed to be this
    > way?
    >
    > Jeanie

    Oh interesting - sounds like it's a one shot cheat. I mean it only works
    for one game session. A few of the cheats are like that - the intprop
    censorgridsize cheat is the same.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:
    > Oh interesting - sounds like it's a one shot cheat. I mean it only
    > works for one game session. A few of the cheats are like that - the
    > intprop censorgridsize cheat is the same.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    I have that one in my user cheat file so it works all the time for me.
    Can't do that with the stretchSkeleton one, though, when it's just for one
    or two sims in a neighborhood. I also noticed that even though I made the
    one sim larger by 1.1, it was just enough off to make kissing look weird.
    The female iis kissing a neck and the other is kissing the air just above
    the female's head.

    Jeanie

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > Mine stayed short so not sure what to tell you :)
    > did you use the format 1.1 or 1.10? Not sure if that would make a
    > difference but it's worth a try.

    I used 1.1, but I'll try it the other way when next I fire up the game.
    Hubby is home this weekend and I won't be playing on the computer. He
    dislikes seeing the back of my head. <g>

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> When I try to use the cheat stretchSkeleton to make some of the sims
    >> a little taller than the rest, it never stays that way. Even after
    >> saving the
    >> game. And if those sims go visiting to another house, they go back
    >> to normal size. Am I doing something wrong or is it just supposed
    >> to be this way?
    >>
    >> Jeanie

    Yes - with the cheat in the User Cheat file what it does is basically set up
    the cheat for each game session automatically. I've read that you use
    stretch skeleton you run into the animation problems you are describing.
    That's why Maxis advise only using a small stretch - even your 10% stretch
    puts everything out of alignment. If you think about it, you realise why
    everyone is the same height in The Sims. Otherwise the animation
    programming would be a nightmare.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Maxon wrote:
    > > Oh interesting - sounds like it's a one shot cheat. I mean it only
    > > works for one game session. A few of the cheats are like that - the
    > > intprop censorgridsize cheat is the same.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    >
    > I have that one in my user cheat file so it works all the time for me.
    > Can't do that with the stretchSkeleton one, though, when it's just for one
    > or two sims in a neighborhood. I also noticed that even though I made the
    > one sim larger by 1.1, it was just enough off to make kissing look weird.
    > The female iis kissing a neck and the other is kissing the air just above
    > the female's head.
    >
    > Jeanie
    >

    > > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    > >> When I try to use the cheat stretchSkeleton to make some of the sims
    > >> a little taller than the rest, it never stays that way. Even after
    > >> saving the game. And if those sims go visiting to another house,
    > >> they go back to normal size. Am I doing something wrong or is it
    > >> just supposed to be this way?
    > >>
    > >> Jeanie

    Did you see my reply that mine works fine? They are still short in my game.
    But I used a .75 stretch, a lot more than 10%.

    > Yes - with the cheat in the User Cheat file what it does is basically set
    > up
    > the cheat for each game session automatically. I've read that you use
    > stretch skeleton you run into the animation problems you are describing.
    > That's why Maxis advise only using a small stretch - even your 10% stretch
    > puts everything out of alignment. If you think about it, you realise why
    > everyone is the same height in The Sims. Otherwise the animation
    > programming would be a nightmare.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Maxon wrote:
    >> > Oh interesting - sounds like it's a one shot cheat. I mean it only
    >> > works for one game session. A few of the cheats are like that - the
    >> > intprop censorgridsize cheat is the same.
    >> >
    >> > Best wishes
    >> > Maxon
    >>
    >> I have that one in my user cheat file so it works all the time for me.
    >> Can't do that with the stretchSkeleton one, though, when it's just for
    >> one
    >> or two sims in a neighborhood. I also noticed that even though I made
    >> the
    >> one sim larger by 1.1, it was just enough off to make kissing look weird.
    >> The female iis kissing a neck and the other is kissing the air just above
    >> the female's head.
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>

    >> > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

Sims Games Video Games