Heatsink for GA-G31M-ES2L

Fapaz

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I'll ask my question here as I think it is.

I recently (accidentally) broke one of the pins on my stock intel heatsink, so I'll take this opportunity to get a slightly better one. My budget is pretty tight, maximum I can afford to spend on a heatsink is $35 AUD (Roughly $35 USD). I am a bit skeptical about buying a heatsink though as I've never bought one before, I've built systems before but have always used the stock heatsink.

I'm looking at buying the Zalman CNPS5X, which is 127(L) x 64(W) x 134 (H)millimeters. My problem is that I have no idea where to measure from, which side would have more length to it, etc, hence why I don't know if it will fit on this motherboard.

My question; Is anyone able to confirm that this heatsink will or will not fit on my motherboard (Heatsink supports LGA 775, and my motherboard is 775),
By fitting I mean, Will the heatsink interfere with my ram, northbridge heatsink, capacitors, etc?

If this heatsink won't fit, can anyone recommend me a heatsink that would fit in my budget?

Thank you!