Preparing my hacks for University

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 20, 2005 1:36:48 AM

I don't have too many hacks so I don't expect U to be a problem.
However, one might be an issue: it's the live-in servants hack, wherein
Jessica Wells the housekeeper and her friends can be hired to live in
your home permanently. This is my single favorite hack by a mile, but
I've already had it "disagree" with one house (causes stuttering) and
now I can't even have it in that house suddenly: if I hire the help and
save and exit, when I return they are not there. (This is only true for
one house, however; for other houses the live-in help works fine.)

So I was wondering if anyone here knows the name of the files for this
hack, including the NPC beds? I foolishly never categorized my
downloads by folder, they're all just thrown in together, and I want to
deliberately remove these from the game and add them slowly when I get
University.

Thx.

--
--Cuth

More about : preparing hacks university

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:36:49 AM

It's the DMA NPC set? I got the basic set and installed it with
University. Haven't used the live in NPCs much, but that electro
invite/caller ID thingo (my favourite aspect of it - I love Refresh
Me!) sits happily on the walls of most of my houses - only 1 problem so
far (has to do with teens sneaking out - the teen disappears! At least
until I click for him to do something else, in which case he hasn't
actually managed to sneak out).

Anyway in your Start Menu there should be an uninstall function for the
set - at least there is for me!

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:36:49 AM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> I don't have too many hacks so I don't expect U to be a problem.
> However, one might be an issue: it's the live-in servants hack,
wherein
> Jessica Wells the housekeeper and her friends can be hired to live in

> your home permanently. This is my single favorite hack by a mile,
but
> I've already had it "disagree" with one house (causes stuttering) and

> now I can't even have it in that house suddenly: if I hire the help
and
> save and exit, when I return they are not there. (This is only true
for
> one house, however; for other houses the live-in help works fine.)
>
> So I was wondering if anyone here knows the name of the files for
this
> hack, including the NPC beds? I foolishly never categorized my
> downloads by folder, they're all just thrown in together, and I want
> deliberately remove these from the game and add them slowly when I
get
> University.
>
> Thx.
>
> --
> --Cuth

I believe that is the DMA teleporter? I believe when I installed
university, i just did a search for 'DMA' and all the related files
came up.

There might be a university edition, not sure. I'm pretty sure it comes
from Modthesims2 and i believe the creator has his own site as well.
(I'm at work, so I can't check my files at home :p )

Sorry I'm not more help!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:36:49 AM

vecki wrote:
> (my favourite aspect of it - I love Refresh
> Me!) sits happily on the walls of most of my houses - only 1 problem
so
> far (has to do with teens sneaking out - the teen disappears! At
least
> until I click for him to do something else, in which case he hasn't
> actually managed to sneak out).

This may not be an unintended side effect of the hacked item. I get
this same problem with sneaking out teenagers when the garbage can or
mailbox blocks them from opening the door on the car that comes to pick
them up.

It's not an issue on every lot, just some of them, those that I suspect
have a particular car portal and garbage can/mailbox configuration. A
nice solution is that garbage cans and mailboxes can be moved to
anywhere on the lot (with the move_objects cheat) and they still work
properly. I remember that not being the case with Sims 1.

May 20, 2005 2:25:09 AM

Well, I'd take your Downloads out altogether when you install and put it
back afterwards, it'll save you a lot of grief. Can you remember where you
got the hack? Here's a bit of info: If your hacks change the pie menus
(i.e. add things in) for individual sims or for phone options, you will
probably not be able to use it since both these areas of the programme were
altered in the expansion (you'll find that university options don't show up,
such as 'go to class'). A lot of hackers have remade their hacks, so you
might be best advised to go and see if there's a University-compatible
version of the hack.

Best wishes
Maxon

> I don't have too many hacks so I don't expect U to be a problem.
> However, one might be an issue: it's the live-in servants hack, wherein
> Jessica Wells the housekeeper and her friends can be hired to live in
> your home permanently. This is my single favorite hack by a mile, but
> I've already had it "disagree" with one house (causes stuttering) and
> now I can't even have it in that house suddenly: if I hire the help and
> save and exit, when I return they are not there. (This is only true for
> one house, however; for other houses the live-in help works fine.)
>
> So I was wondering if anyone here knows the name of the files for this
> hack, including the NPC beds? I foolishly never categorized my
> downloads by folder, they're all just thrown in together, and I want to
> deliberately remove these from the game and add them slowly when I get
> University.
>
> Thx.
>
> --
> --Cuth

May 20, 2005 1:34:51 PM

>So I was wondering if anyone here knows the name of the files for this
>hack, including the NPC beds? I foolishly never categorized my

The files are in your download folder, remove the files that start
with dma

>downloads by folder, they're all just thrown in together, and I want to
>deliberately remove these from the game and add them slowly when I get
>University.

They do not really work with University, If you hire them in
University the game will freeze after a while.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 12:12:52 AM

If that's the one from various sims, it does work with university, or
at least there is a university version of it.

Emrysia
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:18:41 AM

Now that I'm at home... I can check my favourites...

http://valdea.com/?page=1

This is the DMA sims... it looks like there is a university compatible
version. :)
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:26:08 AM

Strider said:

"They do not really work with University, If you hire them in
University the game will freeze after a while."

I say:

I never saw that, then again I only tried it in one house.

~*~
vecki
!