Solution
My 3 OC'd Gigabyte Core2 motherboards all have between 25 and 50 mv of vdroop.

I happen to think that .1 volt (100 mv) is a little excessive, but I have never seen anything in any technical documentation confirming that. Considering that, I believe anything between 50 and 100 mv falls into a gray area.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about 60 mv.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
henydiah---my vdroop = 0.03-0.05v i.e. 30-50 mV....

The reason I ask is that the other M4A89GTD board that I have had a surge. As in, initial voltage was 1.45v it then jumped to 1.51v during prime95 small fft's. This board did completely crash...However the other M4A89GTD that I have gives me the common vdroop associated with loading on the system. So how much vdroop is acceptable before one should start to worry?

My PSU is a Kingwin LAZER 550-watt 80+ Gold cert. I don't believe that to be an issue...CPU power is regulated via VRM's right next to the socket.

My 3 OC'd Gigabyte Core2 motherboards all have between 25 and 50 mv of vdroop.

I happen to think that .1 volt (100 mv) is a little excessive, but I have never seen anything in any technical documentation confirming that. Considering that, I believe anything between 50 and 100 mv falls into a gray area.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about 60 mv.

Solution
Have you enabled LLC?

Set it at 50% and see if that smooths out your VDroop.

In some previous Asus BIOSs they had increments of 12.5% -- not sure what they are now. Moving up and down a notch from 50% (if you can) may also help smooth things out.

IIRC, there is also a slider adjustment in some versions of AMD OverDrive that might help --- called Over-Volt.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Yeah I thought about adjusting LLC...I am gonna do more research on load line calibration...I do not use software of any type for over-volting or OC...Thanks for your input...I am gonna start a new thread on LLC ...