michael1967

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
I have a dell e510,and I was told by crucial memory that 8 gbs of ram would work,positivly.well I ended up buying 8gbs of ram and it does not work.I had called them and they told me to contact dell and see if I had a e510 or an e510n,(the 510n has a locked 4gbs max)dell told me mine was a e510,so I got back with crucial and they said to adjust my virtual memory under performance,I did this,and that did not help.I am very upset and angery over sitting on the phone for hours,and not getting no help.Can someone give me some tips on why it dont work ,or any help on setting adjustment to make it work.Thank you in advance.

What do you see that tells you 8GB doesn't work?

What OS are you using, XP or Vista or WIn7, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit? A 32-bit OS will only recognize 4GB of memory, and for a variety of reasons it will show up as like 3.25GB.

So, if you have (eg) XP 32-bit and 8GB, all you will see and use is 3.25GB.

michael1967

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009

all i see is the screen that says normal start,safe mode ,safe mode with command prompt,or last known config that worked.NO matter which on i use it keeps coming back up,will not let me boot.I am running xp pro 64.