Sign in with
Your question

ATI HD 4770 height

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2009 11:01:18 PM

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody had this type of HD 4770 card:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?HIS-47...

and could tell me how tall that fan is, measured from the bottom of the card. Also would it be possible to remove / cut off those stupid silver blade things?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jon McClane

More about : ati 4770 height

June 28, 2009 11:11:42 PM

I believe that is part of the fan.. so I would recommend leaving it.
Related resources
June 29, 2009 12:20:01 AM

I've looked at that too, but it might be too tall at the other end... it seems impossible to find information on dimensions on the internet
June 29, 2009 8:08:25 AM

JonMcClane said:
I've looked at that too, but it might be too tall at the other end... it seems impossible to find information on dimensions on the internet

I have this card and will measure it for you later today if you still need the info??
AC
June 29, 2009 9:25:36 AM

Yes please, that would be very helpful, thank you very much

Also I've heard this card runs very hot by comparison with other HD 4850s, is that true?

Jon
June 29, 2009 2:25:36 PM

AC was talking about the single thickness 4850 that was proposed as a solution.

It turns out neither of these cards will work with my computer... bummer. Thanks for the help anyway

Jon
June 29, 2009 2:38:40 PM

JonMcClane said:
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody had this type of HD 4770 card:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?HIS-47...

and could tell me how tall that fan is, measured from the bottom of the card. Also would it be possible to remove / cut off those stupid silver blade things?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jon McClane

Hi Jon,
hopefully I have included the dimension you're after on my artistic diagram....if not just let me know and I can get it for you.

The fan 'adornments' could easily be removed; they are not essential to fan function and can be removed (they are screwed on from underneath).

As far as heat goes, they do make your case warm (I say they because I have 2 in my machine) generally idling around 50degrees versus 70ish at load. My other 4770 has a rear exhaust style which helps a little I think but it is too difficult to tell exactly. If you are thinking maybe that one would be good, I can get the dimensions for you for that too.

If you have anymore questions just let me know and welcome to the forum (I have only been here a little while but all the regular posters are friendly so I'm sure they wouldn't mind me saying that to you!)
AC
June 29, 2009 2:40:02 PM

Bugger!! Just posted and it's no use anyway! Oh well, if you know anyone who needs to know the dimensions of a 4770, you know where to send them!
AC
!