VGA problems with my new BIOSTAR TA790GXE?

Teglement

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Upon ecstatically receiving my new BIOSTAR TA790GXE mobo, I hooked it all up and attempted to use it. (duh.) The CPU is recognized fine, but I'm getting -no- display, and the LED's won't pass the VGA phase, potentially constituting a video problem. The onboard graphics won't bring up anything on the monitor, and neither will my GeForce 9800. Also, every time the light phase light flashes, my CPU fan noticeably stutters/wavers. Also, system fans aren't starting up, though it should be cool anyway, as the case is still in pieces.

We think, in the worst case, that this could be a D.O.A. motherboard. Hopefully, though, we're all just incompetent monkeys, and don't know what to do. We've tried just running it with the bare essentials to get it going, but still nothing.

System components, if needed
650w power supply
2.6ghz AMD Athelon II CPU
x2 1gb DDR3 memory sticks
500gb SATA Hard Drive

Halp?

Teglement

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
At one point, the CPU phase light was going off, noting that it wasn't being recognized, and that was simply a matter of re-adjusting it. As of now, it has moved past that phase however. I'll double-check anyway.

EDIT

Yep, everything is plugged in correctly.

Teglement

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I never did find out what the problem was. I bought a different board and started over. None of my tech friends knew what to do, either, so it was a lost cause at that point.

jlopes89

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Having the luxury of about a half dozen desktops built for the kids and personal use, I was able to swap memory, vga cards (Nividia and ATA), power supplies, cpu cooling and even bios upgrades. I even bought different pairs of name-brand memory that I now cannot use because most of my desktops use DDR3s. My verdict is that this mobo is pretty much faulty even though the company has advised to only use a list of suggested of so called tested memory modules. It's a surprise to me too that there hasn't been a mass complaint of ta790gxe owners demanding that Biostar replace these. I have yet to hear from someone who has not had problems with this mobo crashing unexpectedly or when you put it to task. :non:

TRENDING THREADS