chrismonte8688

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Hey,

Six months ago I built my first PC. Everything I'm doing it should be able to handle with ease. Java programs, games like Fallout 4 and Flight Simulator. Every time it starts handling heavy graphics, my bios temp alarm starts screaming and the fans whirr like crazy and it damn near gives me a stroke. I'm forced to shut down my game and its gotten to the point where I just don't play anymore.

So this is the question. Are there any software programs that will manage processes over CPU cores to alleviate some of the pressure? Is there anything that will help bring down temperatures software wise? Eventually I'll get a new heatsink what with summer coming and all but it seems pretty ridiculous for a four core i5 not to be able to handle playing flight simulator. Help much appreciated in this frustrating dilemma.

System:
Core i5 760
Gigabyte P55a ud3
Gigabyte geforce gtx 460
4 gigs ram

chrismonte8688

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
yes everything at stock speeds. case is an apevia with three case fans and an additional pci fan. only thing i can think of is eliminating unnecessary processes to try and free up some cpu.

Is the CPU fan running ? The BIOS shopuld flag if it's not but that protection can be disabled.

IS the CPU fan connected to the CPU header on the MoBo ? If so, is the BIOS fan control feature enabled ?

Does the same thing happen if you take off the side panel and blow air in w/ a house or desktop fan ? .... If so it's acse cooling issue.

TRENDING THREADS