Can i install a quad core Phenom 9750 in an M2N68-LA mobo

shelookedgoodlastnight

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
i have a m2n68-la from my compaq srw113wm desktop and it came with 1gb ram and a amd athlon 64x2 3600+ (1.9ghz) and i would like to know if i can install the Phenom 9750 quad core into the motherboard? i just got 4 gigs ram ordered now need to upgrade this processor. i was also considering the amd athlon 64x2 6000+ (3.0ghz) but if i understand correctly the quad core phenom would be giving me 2.4ghz x 4 = 9.6 ghz ??? sounds more appetizing then 6ghz. any help appreciated... i just wanna stretch the comps life out a little more by givin it its very much needed upgrades. also do i need a specific power supply when upgrading? or are they all universal? i plan on getting a 400watt so i can add a better graphics card too. thanks a bunch!

Oh god, not another one.

Are you really too stupid to go to Asus website and look?
Going to Asus isn't that useful because the M2N68-LA is an OEM motherboard. It's configured to meet HP's specifications who use their own BIOS. In addition, while an Asus M2N68 motherboard (there are a few versiosn) could support that CPU, the M2N68-LA doesn't because it's limited to 89W
CPUs.