Meeting a ghost?

Hi,

I'm still relatively new to the Sims2, so I hope I'm not asking something
dumb;
my Sim wants to see a ghost. How do I do that, because in her neighboorhood
there are no ghosts. Should I wait until someone dies?

TIA,

--
Khanzi

Khanzi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still relatively new to the Sims2, so I hope I'm not asking
> something dumb;
> my Sim wants to see a ghost. How do I do that, because in her
> neighboorhood there are no ghosts. Should I wait until someone dies?
>
> TIA,

Yes, she has to be on a lot with a tombstome or Urn on it from someone's
passing away. It's easy enough to kill a passerby or townie. Greet one as
they pass by the front of the house. Talk to them long enough to get them
to follow you and get them off the sidewalk, then just build a small room
around them and let them die. Takes a few days that way. Or try to get
them to dive into the swimming pool and then take away the pool ladders.
Only takes a few hours that way.

The problem is that the ghosts might cause problems when they return.
Drowned ghosts leave puddles all over the house. And starved ones raid your
refrigerator.

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:

> Khanzi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm still relatively new to the Sims2, so I hope I'm not asking
> > something dumb;
> > my Sim wants to see a ghost. How do I do that, because in her
> > neighboorhood there are no ghosts. Should I wait until someone dies?
> >
> > TIA,
>
> Yes, she has to be on a lot with a tombstome or Urn on it from someone's
> passing away. It's easy enough to kill a passerby or townie. Greet one as
> they pass by the front of the house. Talk to them long enough to get them
> to follow you and get them off the sidewalk, then just build a small room
> around them and let them die. Takes a few days that way. Or try to get
> them to dive into the swimming pool and then take away the pool ladders.
> Only takes a few hours that way.
>
> The problem is that the ghosts might cause problems when they return.
> Drowned ghosts leave puddles all over the house. And starved ones raid your
> refrigerator.
>
> Jeanie

oops, i just killed one of my sims as he wanted to be saved from death
so I sealed him off but got so involved with another story line by the
time i realised Death had popped up it was too late.

what is this resurrection thing? Something else we'll have to buy an
expansion pack for?

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>>
>> Khanzi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm still relatively new to the Sims2, so I hope I'm not asking
>>> something dumb;
>>> my Sim wants to see a ghost. How do I do that, because in her
>>> neighboorhood there are no ghosts. Should I wait until someone dies?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>
>> Yes, she has to be on a lot with a tombstome or Urn on it from
>> someone's passing away. It's easy enough to kill a passerby or
>> townie. Greet one as they pass by the front of the house. Talk to
>> them long enough to get them to follow you and get them off the
>> sidewalk, then just build a small room around them and let them die.
>> Takes a few days that way. Or try to get them to dive into the
>> swimming pool and then take away the pool ladders. Only takes a few
>> hours that way.
>>
>> The problem is that the ghosts might cause problems when they return.
>> Drowned ghosts leave puddles all over the house. And starved ones
>> raid your refrigerator.
>>
>> Jeanie
>
> oops, i just killed one of my sims as he wanted to be saved from death
> so I sealed him off but got so involved with another story line by the
> time i realised Death had popped up it was too late.
>
> what is this resurrection thing? Something else we'll have to buy an
> expansion pack for?

No, there is a career award that does that. Can't remember which one it is
off hand, though. I've never used any of the career awards.

Jeanie

In stone pixels, Jeanie carved:
> Paul Heslop wrote:
>> what is this resurrection thing? Something else we'll have to buy an
>> expansion pack for?
>
> No, there is a career award that does that. Can't remember which one
> it is off hand, though. I've never used any of the career awards.

It's the career reward for Paranormal, a career that requires a university
degree.

Jeanie wrote:

> > what is this resurrection thing? Something else we'll have to buy an
> > expansion pack for?
>
> No, there is a career award that does that. Can't remember which one it is
> off hand, though. I've never used any of the career awards.
>
> Jeanie

I haven't even seen one :O)

--

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> schreef in bericht

> Yes, she has to be on a lot with a tombstome or Urn on it from someone's
> passing away. It's easy enough to kill a passerby or townie. >
> The problem is that the ghosts might cause problems when they return.
> Drowned ghosts leave puddles all over the house. And starved ones raid
> your
> refrigerator.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks for replying everyone. Hmmm, it's been a couple of years since I
murdered a Sim (that was the Sims1), I guess I'm not really the murdering
type LOL. Maybe I should just wait until some die of old age...

--
Khanzi

Jeanie wrote:

> In my experience, it takes usually three sim days for the ghost
> first show up. After that, it only comes out about every third
> night
> or so. So, if you want a lot of ghostly activity, you'll have
> have a lot of tumbstones!

Meditation speeds up the appearance of a ghost.

T.

Taemon wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>
>> In my experience, it takes usually three sim days for the ghost
>> first show up. After that, it only comes out about every third
>> night
>> or so. So, if you want a lot of ghostly activity, you'll have
>> have a lot of tumbstones!
>
> Meditation speeds up the appearance of a ghost.
>
> T.

Ah! Another thing I did not know. Thanks!

Jeanie

Taemon wrote:

> Jeanie wrote:
>
> > In my experience, it takes usually three sim days for the ghost
> > first show up. After that, it only comes out about every third
> > night
> > or so. So, if you want a lot of ghostly activity, you'll have
> > have a lot of tumbstones!
>
> Meditation speeds up the appearance of a ghost.
>
> T.

good one, I'll try it
--

Jeanie wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
> > Jeanie wrote:
> >
> >> In my experience, it takes usually three sim days for the ghost
> >> first show up. After that, it only comes out about every third
> >> night
> >> or so. So, if you want a lot of ghostly activity, you'll have
> >> have a lot of tumbstones!
> >
> > Meditation speeds up the appearance of a ghost.
> >
> > T.
>
> Ah! Another thing I did not know. Thanks!
>
> Jeanie

I've seen a ghost! Not the one I planned and I can't understand why
he did what he did. I've had these two ugly sims for a while, two of
my first four or five on sims2. the family were very very close and
when mum died they all went round wailing for days, neighbours came
round and wailed too, so I ditched her headstone. Daughter went to
college and son went to work, came home and went swimming in the pool.
As nothing interesting was happening I sped up time and suddenly he
was gone! I took my eyes off the ball for a less than a minute and
they drowned the poor sod.
I left his stone near the pool with plenty of room to grieve but dad
just goes over once in a blue moon and wails then gets on with his
life, until night time, when his ghost shows up on the very first
night, trailing water everywhere. So I drags dad's sorry ass out of
bed and have him following the ghost round. I want to see if they
interact. nothing doing. then the ghost disappears so I get dad to mop
up and suddenly the ghost leaps up and screams at him. why would they
do that when they were so close to the person?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

> I've seen a ghost! Not the one I planned and I can't understand why
> he did what he did. I've had these two ugly sims for a while, two of
> my first four or five on sims2. the family were very very close and
> when mum died they all went round wailing for days, neighbours came
> round and wailed too, so I ditched her headstone. Daughter went to
> college and son went to work, came home and went swimming in the pool.
> As nothing interesting was happening I sped up time and suddenly he
> was gone! I took my eyes off the ball for a less than a minute and
> they drowned the poor sod.
> I left his stone near the pool with plenty of room to grieve but dad
> just goes over once in a blue moon and wails then gets on with his
> life, until night time, when his ghost shows up on the very first
> night, trailing water everywhere. So I drags dad's sorry ass out of
> bed and have him following the ghost round. I want to see if they
> interact. nothing doing. then the ghost disappears so I get dad to mop
> up and suddenly the ghost leaps up and screams at him. why would they
> do that when they were so close to the person?

There's no telling why ghosts act like they do, but they have to scare a sim
in order to fulfill the want to "see a ghost."

Jeanie