Your question

Downclocking for no reason

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Overclocking
  • Notebooks
Last response: in Overclocking
May 15, 2011 3:34:04 AM

Hello,i have a notebook ,with a Geforce GT 325m and i'm overclocking it a little.The thing is ,i've been playing nicely the last week.but for last couple days something odd is happening.I overclock the gpu,and i play for 10 m tops,and it just stops overclocking in the middle of the game for no reason whatsoever.It drops some fps,and I can see the diference ingame.i don't think it's a temperature issue,because it never goes over 68 degrees celcius and I have a very good notebook cooler.I use EVGA Precison for overclocking.i've already done this on my desktop (overclock) and in another notebook :p  .it's the first time i've had this issue.it just stopped ,turning back to default.Any help would be wonderful :D 

More about : downclocking reason

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 15, 2011 4:56:25 AM

Have the last couple of days been warmer and/or more humid? A difference of only a couple of degrees could mean auto-throttling versus normal operation.
a b U Graphics card
a c 197 K Overclocking
May 15, 2011 1:02:14 PM

I think you are running into thermal problems.

Try to find a GPU temperature monitoring program that has a logging function. After the system resets itself, check it a see if you are having thermal problems.
Related resources
May 15, 2011 5:23:56 PM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
Have the last couple of days been warmer and/or more humid? A difference of only a couple of degrees could mean auto-throttling versus normal operation.

Nah man,the temperature has been the same for like 2 weeks :) 
May 15, 2011 5:27:58 PM

jsc said:
I think you are running into thermal problems.

Try to find a GPU temperature monitoring program that has a logging function. After the system resets itself, check it a see if you are having thermal problems.

Yeah i'll try that ,maybe i'm overclocking it too much ,even thought the temperature is acceptable for must graphics,maybe it's too much for this specific notebook.thanks !
May 17, 2011 7:37:27 PM

It's not a temperature issue ,since it happens when I play EVERY GAME.happens when i play Crysis 2 ,starcraft 2 ,even age of empires 2 counter strike 1.6 .I did this to test the temperature,and it had 45 degrees on the last two. however ,everything returns to default ! anymore ideias?Thanks anyway !
!