Downclocking for no reason

Messiaspt

Distinguished
May 14, 2011
Hello,i have a notebook ,with a Geforce GT 325m and i'm overclocking it a little.The thing is ,i've been playing nicely the last week.but for last couple days something odd is happening.I overclock the gpu,and i play for 10 m tops,and it just stops overclocking in the middle of the game for no reason whatsoever.It drops some fps,and I can see the diference ingame.i don't think it's a temperature issue,because it never goes over 68 degrees celcius and I have a very good notebook cooler.I use EVGA Precison for overclocking.i've already done this on my desktop (overclock) and in another notebook :p .it's the first time i've had this issue.it just stopped ,turning back to default.Any help would be wonderful :D

I think you are running into thermal problems.

Try to find a GPU temperature monitoring program that has a logging function. After the system resets itself, check it a see if you are having thermal problems.

Messiaspt

Distinguished
May 14, 2011

Nah man,the temperature has been the same for like 2 weeks :)

Messiaspt

Distinguished
May 14, 2011

Yeah i'll try that ,maybe i'm overclocking it too much ,even thought the temperature is acceptable for must graphics,maybe it's too much for this specific notebook.thanks !

Messiaspt

Distinguished
May 14, 2011
It's not a temperature issue ,since it happens when I play EVERY GAME.happens when i play Crysis 2 ,starcraft 2 ,even age of empires 2 counter strike 1.6 .I did this to test the temperature,and it had 45 degrees on the last two. however ,everything returns to default ! anymore ideias?Thanks anyway !