GA-EP45-UD3P cold boot problems.

mrdrunk

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
When I first boot my pc it eather takes a long time 30+ seconds for the monitor to turn on or it doesnt turn on at all and boots to the windows password screen. If it does the latter I have to hit the reset button then it takes 15-20 seconds for the monitor to turn on at post. Once its booted it works like a charm.

I have googled this and others are having the same problems. I have had this motherboard for only a few days and cannot figure out what is causing this.

pc specs.

bios is FB latest bios for this board.
intel E8400 @ 3ghz stock
GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard
4 sticks of 1066 4X 2 gig sticks mushkin black
500 gig WD hard drive sata
DVD wr drive sata
750 watt power supply
BFG 285 GTX video card
windows 7 pro 64 version (fresh install)

I have tryed diffrent settings tryed once setting the ram voltage to 2.0 and the same thing happens. I can run benchmark programs or games with no problem once its booted into windows. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? or should I consider RMA'ing the board back to newegg?

mrdrunk

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
hmm seems there is no edit button. Anyways I asked mushkin forums what settings to use in in the bios used those and set MCH voltage to 1.200 I took my video card out and reseated it and checked all power conections on the board. still running into the same problem