Ultimate power

Hi guys just realized my computer is seriously out of date.

if i have an unlimited budget and was looking at buying a super powerful gaming rig what would you recommend?

this is what i was thinking ( dont need all the keyboard, mouse and headset for it but i included it anyway)

HAF 932
Asus Rampage-II-Extreme (X58 chip set)
Intel core i7 940
6x G.Skill-PI 3gb DDR3 1600
3x ASUS ENGTX285
Auzentech X-FI Prelude 7.1
Logitech G35 headset
Logitech G19 keyboard
Logitech G9 mouse
Thermaltake ToughPower 1200W

did i miss anything vital?

thanks

ps any recomendations for 22" monitors? Dual monitor or single
30 answers Last reply
More about ultimate power
  1. pps i miised out on the hard drives. thinking of a 500gb SATA and a 128GB SSD any recomendations on SSD?
  2. Hmm... unlimited budget ehh...
    Here goes the list...

    Core i7 975 eXtreme
    EVGA Classfied mobo
    DDR3 2166 MHz RAM
    4x ASUS Mars GTX 295 in quad-SLI
    intel SLC SSD in RAID 0
    ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
    SILVERSTONE TJ07 - Custom paint job
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W

    And the above config would be put to total waste with a 22" monitor... :P
    Something like Dell dual 30" would best compliment that setup...
  3. wait if the GTX 295 uses 2 PCI slots each then the Clasified MOBO has 8 PCI slots?
  4. gkay09 said:
    Hmm... unlimited budget ehh...
    Here goes the list...

    Core i7 975 eXtreme
    EVGA Classfied mobo
    DDR3 2166 MHz RAM
    4x ASUS Mars GTX 295 in quad-SLI
    intel SLC SSD in RAID 0
    ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
    SILVERSTONE TJ07 - Custom paint job
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W

    And the above config would be put to total waste with a 22" monitor... :P
    Something like Dell dual 30" would best compliment that setup...


    dosnt that meen the classified has 8 PCI slots? and i didnt think the clasified could run Wuad SLI anyways
  5. well 2 gtx 295 means quad sli because the gtx 295 has 2xgtx 275 in one card so 4xgtx 275 means 2 gtx 295 and the one gtx 295 uses only one slot so the 2 will use 2 slots and the the classified can run 2xgtx 295 which means quad and it can run 4xgtx 275 if u can fit them,anyway you can't use 4 gtx 295 because there is no drives for more than quad sli so the best configuration IMO would be 3xEvga gtx 2 gb in TRI-SLI this would beat the 2 gtx 295 in every game
  6. Three GTX285s are faster.

    I hope the OP isn't actually considering building this...
  7. of course i am my parents are paying for it and it needs to be able to run Crysis 2 and everything else under the sun
  8. has anyone got any advice on SSD or screens?
  9. I personally like your initial set up but with the new corsair case and antec signature PSU. Oh yeah and please get 6GB of Ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371018
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/12355/hands_on_with_corsair_s_obsidian_800d_full_tower/index.html
  10. woot, someone is letting me bring this out again, lol

    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13138148

    and yes, crossfire does work on this board

    just add in two cpu coolers for this build
  11. ragsters said:
    I personally like your initial set up but with the new corsair case and antec signature PSU. Oh yeah and please get 6GB of Ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371018
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/12355/hands_on_with_corsair_s_obsidian_800d_full_tower/index.html


    what 6gb for HC gaming? i already run 6 gb
  12. brassass2828 said:
    what 6gb for HC gaming? i already run 6 gb


    I don't understand your question. Your initial post said you wanted 3gb of Gskill I say go for 6gb.
  13. brassass2828 said:

    6x G.Skill-PI 3gb DDR3 1600


    i don't think he knows what he is doing, it looks like he is trying to put in 18 1GB sticks of memory (6 x 3GB(usually 3x1GB))
  14. you need to grow the **** up.......ripping your own parents off? seriously....unless they just own the bank you shouldn't go milking everything out of your parents :pfff: kids....

    Where did this generation go so wrong......i should write a book...
  15. idk where we went wrong (do you consider 21 in that generation you are talking about)
    though all of my computers i have had to work to obtain
  16. well...since u said your budget is unlimited, just for fun, I will build you the ultimate system LOL. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN, ESPECIALLY THE PRICE: Anyway lets get started

    CPU: Intel Core i7 975 Extreme or Xeon W5580 (Both are the most powerful, cant go wrong with either and remember you can run two of them if used on a proper motherboard

    Motherboard: EVGA Classified, make sure QPI has 6.4GT/s and supports 2000mhz ram

    RAM: 2000mhz Micron/Crucial ram 12GB

    GPU: Tri-SLI GTX285 2GB (most powerful graphics setup offered by nvidia)

    PSU: 1200+watt

    120GB SATA II SSD drive (boot Drive)

    1TB 15,000RPM hard drive for storage

    Xpressar case (I reccomend, however Antec, coolermaster, thermaltake, lian are all very good also.)

    -Well: This system will be able to literally obliterate and brutally murder any game currently available at the highest resolutions monitors can currently provide at the highest possible settings with the highest possible frame rates :) I am safe and willing to bet that 3 years from now, this system will still be high-end and will still murder any game unless somekind of enhanced version of crysis comes out that is even more demanding so yeah :) It might cost you about as much as a cheap car will...
  17. mindless728 said:
    i don't think he knows what he is doing, it looks like he is trying to put in 18 1GB sticks of memory (6 x 3GB(usually 3x1GB))


    yhe ok i made a mistake i sayed 6x G.Skill-PI 3gb DDR3 1600
    i ment 6x G.Skill-PI 2gb DDR3 1600
    so that six, two gig ram sticks
  18. @computersss did you really think that I would suggest such a config for a real build :lol: ...
    And @brassass2828 you wont need such a bizarre config to run crysis 2 because most probably they would better program that game than the original crysis...Crysis was one of the worst programmed game, though good looking, was no way near to optimized...
    Like computerss said 2x GTX295 would max out most games at high resolutions...
  19. 2 GTX285s could... There really is no reason to not just get a D0 i7 920, either, it'll probably OC higher than a C0 940.
  20. smithereen said:
    Three GTX285s are faster.

    I hope the OP isn't actually considering building this...

    ill probably go along the lines of what i originaly suggested... so yes i am building it
  21. What you guys think of water cooling
    i think it would be good but its really fiddly and i kinda CBF
  22. Hey guys, he wants 24GB of memory and dual Xeons with (2x)4870x2's in crossfire (workstation boards can support crossfire)
  23. well anyways, have fun building a monster (if you are serious about making this)
  24. Why do people think they can still put more than 2 GTX 295's in a system...
  25. gkay09 said:
    @computersss did you really think that I would suggest such a config for a real build :lol: ...
    And @brassass2828 you wont need such a bizarre config to run crysis 2 because most probably they would better program that game than the original crysis...Crysis was one of the worst programmed game, though good looking, was no way near to optimized...
    Like computerss said 2x GTX295 would max out most games at high resolutions...


    Hmm...All I have to say is that your quote "Crysis was one of the worst programmed game, though good looking, was no way near to optimized..." I would really have to disagree with you on this one. I think Crysis is the most optimized game out on the market, how many games do you know that would have you play on 20-fps and have it feel smooth as though it was giving you 40-fps? Name me one game because quite frankly any other game you play on 20-fps will be a slide show in my opinion. Just because crysis's graphics are ahead and far more advanced than its time does not mean its poorly optimized, its just ahead of its time, because you need truly extreme hard ware to run it, in 3 years from now, crysis would have average graphics by those standards. You cannot have a game that gives you the ridiculous photo-realistic graphics like crysis does and have it run without using extremely powerful hardware, its just not going to happen. If somebody disagrees with on me with this one please say, I would like to hear comments on it :)

    -Game optimization is not based on games coding or how well it is, with you people, u changed the meaning of it being, if I cant run it its poorly optimized so its more opinion then fact :)
  26. gkay09 said:
    @computersss did you really think that I would suggest such a config for a real build :lol: ...
    And @brassass2828 you wont need such a bizarre config to run crysis 2 because most probably they would better program that game than the original crysis...Crysis was one of the worst programmed game, though good looking, was no way near to optimized...
    Like computerss said 2x GTX295 would max out most games at high resolutions...



    i know because obviously almost everyone on the forum knows that there is only drivers for quad sli and everyone also knows that 2 gtx 295 is quad sli,anyway IMO this is a fake build and IMO there is no one with unlimited budget and i bet that he is just a child under 18 years who justs wants everybody to say WOW :o :o what a build i wish i can afford one like that
  27. @blackhawk1928 I have not complained about the look and feel of the game have I ?
    Sure you must have seen Crysis warhead or for that matter Far cry 2...Hw does that play ??? Even it provides nearly as good visuals but requires comparatively low power h/w for doing that...why is it so ? because they had optimized the code better so that it runs better...
  28. Yes Warhead works better, I agree however barely, I have both games personally and on warhead on same settings and same resolution I was able to gain like maybe between 5-8fps. And with the 1.2 patch on the original crysis, it almost plays as well as warhead now, but both are very hard to play and require lots of beef to power them.

    -GKAY WROTE: "Even it provides NEARLY as good visuals"

    -Notice how you said it gives nearly as good visuals, the original crysis, in my opinion gives a little bit higher quality textures and physics, just a little, but enough to take down on that 5-8fps, maybe I am wrong but I was looking at screenshots side by side and for the same settings on both games, I think crysis's textures and physics(especially during explosions) were looking a tiny bit better.
  29. computersss said:
    i know because obviously almost everyone on the forum knows that there is only drivers for quad sli and everyone also knows that 2 gtx 295 is quad sli,anyway IMO this is a fake build and IMO there is no one with unlimited budget and i bet that he is just a child under 18 years who justs wants everybody to say WOW :o :o what a build i wish i can afford one like that



    no this is not a fake build, when i say unlimited budget i mean under $20,000 its not as if you could find a gaming computer for more than that anyway... unless you spend it all on a 1 terra solid state (does that even exist?).
  30. this forum is not about program efficiency
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Logitech Systems Product