A few questions for upgrade

Palladium1112

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
So I'm looking to upgrade to Vista (no critiquing, please), and I know for a fact I need to upgrade my video card. I'm going to get a 400 watt power supply, so given that, what are some cards recommended that will suffice for Vista? I'm not a gamer, so anything really made for such is not necessary. Just ask if you need me to provide any more specs. My price range is up to around 100 dollars. I don't know much in depth about video cards specifically, so bear with me if I ask some questions that may seem really stupid. Any help is much appreciated.

For normal work-strictly no new or newer games-Nvidia 9400/9500 or HD4350/4550 from ATI.
The ATI cards are better at video playback, so if you watch movies, and, particularly want to use Blu-Ray, I'd say get one of them.
Of course, you DO have a PCI-E slot, do n't you?

Palladium1112

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
So an update, I went to a store and found a card with the Radeon HD 2400PRO, and it cost about 120 dollars, But the one in the link given by ct615 costs olny about 55. Any reason as to why this is? I'm sure it was specs, but can anyone clarify major differences exactly? The one in the store was a VisionTek, I believe.

OK, fair enough. Since mentioning any cards that come in at the best pricing from the 2 I listed on down doesnt fit the bill, I stand corrected, as you seem to be unable to understand this. Not my problem

Look, Im glad you helped the OP, since thats why were here to begin with. You cant guarantee that a 9500 will automatically cost more. When I answered, I answered not knowing pci only, what country he/she is from, and gave an answer thatll comfortibly fit his case.
This isnt a "Im better than you kinda place, because I like my answer more"and if you keep going around acting this way, Im not sure youre going to like it here. Grow up