Intel Quad Core Chipset bundle

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Quad Core
Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2009 6:38:42 PM

hey guys

I wanted to buy this bundle

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowBundle&...

However, I have some small concerns

1) Because this is newly released, I might be buying into the hype instead of the product .. Perhaps waiting will lead to more discounts? Should I wait a few weeks to see AMD drop their prices too?

2) THese high end CPUs might need an external CPU fan. Should I buy one with this new Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core? Does the stock heatsink and fan seem inappropriate?

3) I don't use my computer for high end purposes. It might be just as adequate to get a n AMD AM3 with a PHENOM processor. .

what do you think?I

note: apologies for the broken link

More about : intel quad core chipset bundle

a c 203 à CPUs
September 12, 2009 7:07:11 PM

Fix your link please - it's not working.
m
l
September 13, 2009 2:04:38 PM

ok so at first you can get a i7 bundel for 400$ a not so good one and you can also get the intel dx58so extreme motherboard with i7 920 and 3gb ddr3 1333mhz for 480$what is bether than i5 and in i5 i think you do not need a new cooler cause it is enaugh what you will get but with the i7 yoju should get one.

hope this helps
greets laluma22

question are you going to overclock
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2009 2:07:54 PM

What are you gonna do with it?
m
l
September 15, 2009 1:45:46 AM

I am going to do basic work with it.. movies, word files, photos, etc... NO gaming.
m
l
September 15, 2009 1:53:33 PM

for video you also do need a good pc so yeah if you can find the parts i mentioned with a i7 instead of i5 it should be better and faster^^
m
l
September 15, 2009 9:42:19 PM

Since when do you need an i5 for watching movies?
m
l
September 16, 2009 12:06:32 PM

well it tepends on what movies ^^ if you watch full hd but probably not but for photo you need a good pc if you change pics and are photographer or smt like that

may i also ask what kind of work if you are arhitekt or smt like that so i can suggest a cheaper processor but also good for doing few thinks at one time^^

greets laluma22

well ShtBrix your right you do not need and till now never needed a good cpu for movies you need also a good GPU
but in case of watching F-HD movies on lcd 32" or higher i recomend a core2duo lowest 3,0Ghz or a quadcore should be better.
why of thinking i5 or i7? well probably to be for future on safe side new movies and doing more than 2 or 3 things at a time ^^

greets laluma22
m
l