Which is better in quad core

AKASH NAIN

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I want to know which one is better and what are their prices according to indian monetry standards:
1).Intel Core i7 I7-920 Quad Core Processor
2).AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Not only is it more expensive, but the motherboards that support it are more expensive and you'll likely need a triple channel memory kit to go with it... so overall it is a more expensive platform... BUT... it is the superior system. Compare an i5-750 to that AMD if you want to see an Intel processor that is more equally matched. At that point it becomes almost a coin flip.

supersnicker

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I agree with Saint19. Though the I7 are pretty expensive I'd wait for the I7 930 to replace the I7 920. It has higher multiplier (only 1 tho, but still), is clocked at 2,8ghz and will be around the same price.

G

With three months of difference I assembled one system based in AMD phenom quad core and other in Intel I7. Even though the I7 is faster than the AMD, is like comparing one Formula 1 against a Ferrari Enzo.

The formula 1 is faster but the Ferrari Enzo is also bloodly fast. I can say that both machines are much faster than anything you will normally use unless you work crunching numbers in an University.

Go for the AMD but please use an Asus top motherboard. That selection will do the difference.

Pedro
from Santiago, Chile :D

AKASH NAIN

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
its good but i found a new processor core 2 duo extream which is the fatest one. What about it is it really nice pick? What about its price is it fare enough according to its speed and power?