Who Designs The Dell Dimension Desktop Cases?

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi,

I was just wondering, I own a Dell Dimension 5100 PC case, and it looks so great, with a very good design. (pitty its BTX format.)

Do Dell themselves design the cases? Or do they buy the design ideas or... Have a spacific company make them for them.

Regards.

The majority of computer cases are manufacturered in Asia. Just google to find them.

Here is an example:

http://www.b2bchinasources.com/China-Manufacturers-13828/Computer-Cases-Manufacturers.html

A long long time ago before the world wide web the manufacturers used to advertise in Computer Shopper magazine. I remember looking at full page ads with photos of as many as 100 sample cases. I had a friend who had an idea for a gadget which needed a plastic enclosure. He visited a manufacturer in Taiwan. When he arrived the company not only had a prototype for him but also variations, packaging, and shipping containers. They were ready to do some serious business.

There are companies in the USA that will design prototype enclosures and manufacture them too. A few months ago I contacted such a company in Ohio to see about an aluminum pc case similar to a rackmount chassis but not as deep that was very easy to assemble and could accomodate a standard atx motherboard and power supply. By time all the features were added the cost for the prototype was almost $500.00.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Hey, thanks for the reply. Well, I was after the Dimension 5100 case. It was a very unique case that I've never seen else where. I always admired the front venting system with the 160mm fan. Pure geniues, yet the discontinued it.

The main reasin I asked is I was looking for the same one, but in ATX format. :(

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
What I do know is, Foxconn made loads of cases for Advent PC's. Becuase I own a Foxconn case that advent also used. So did e Machines. But what about Dell?