Gigabyte motherboard forum

G

Just updated to BIOS version F12 and system will not boot. Says I am missing the operating system. The unit is configured with 3 RAID HD's and the BIOS reports that the first disk is not a member of the array.

Any suggestions on the next steps to revert or at least make sure I can recover the data on the HD's?

P35-DS3P rev 1.0
Intel Core-2 Quad
4GB memory
3 Samsung SATA HD in RAID 5 configuration
Windows 7 64-bit

stefo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
oh bummer! sry, this might be bad.

what RAID configuration were u running? RAID 5?

If RAID 5 a single hdd failure would normally still allows u to boot.

If u haven't written or changes anything to those drives, the data is still there. Recovering it might take a while.

try looking at RAID reconstructor from Runtime.

http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm

I hope u remember the config specs for yr particular RAID (5?) b'cos that'll save some time.

good luck :)

You could always try flashing back to the original BIOS version. Your Raid may not function with a different BIOS set. RAID setups are unique, and won't work when motherboards or BIOS are changed in lots of cases.

Also check in your BIOS and make sure you don't need to tell the BIOS to use a specific drive. Having an older style board, it may be looking for an IDE hard disk by default. So you'll need to change settings so it seeks out a SATA array if that's the case. This is usually done through boot priority, and then the priority listing for which hard drives to use first. By default many boards with IDE will seek out the drive on the Master IDE channel FIRST and won't go beyond it unless told to do such.