Tags:
  • Connectivity
  • Wireless Router
  • Routers
  • WiFi
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 5, 2010 9:25:21 PM

I need a router to reach from my home wi-fi network to my business across the street from my home. It is a distance of 300 yards. My current Belkin comes up 75 yards short. Any suggestions....reply to
dbenson002@triad.rr.com Thanks

More about : longest range wireless router

October 1, 2011 5:53:22 AM

I have the same problem. Did you stumble across any solution?
Score
October 2, 2011 2:14:51 AM

Use focused antennas. For example, I would buy an access point device for the office then cable it to an antennae that points directly at the home router. You could MacGyver it yourself I suppose. Just Google WiFi antennae. Then in the office you would just connect to the access point with however many computers you want. The idea is to "direct the signal" between the router and the access point rather than having all its energy being spent radially. Hope that helps.
Score
Related resources
October 23, 2011 5:30:22 AM

dbenson002 said:
I need a router to reach from my home wi-fi network to my business across the street from my home. It is a distance of 300 yards. My current Belkin comes up 75 yards short. Any suggestions....reply to
dbenson002@triad.rr.com Thanks

If you can't get an Ethernet wire across the street? You could try an Airport Extreme placed in best proximity to get the signal at line of sight to you business. The extreme touts the best and strongest signal. Might work. If it doesn't, you can take it back. Worth a shot?

Now a wire would let you create an access point.
Score
October 23, 2011 4:14:47 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score