Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Pentium
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
February 19, 2011 4:39:45 AM

Hello,
hi, i was wondering my hard drive has failed the long genirc test and the long DST test. will this cause random BOSD issues till i replace it.

More about : pentium 945 review normal tempetures

a c 110 G Storage
February 19, 2011 4:47:10 AM

Is there a question in there?
Score
February 19, 2011 4:49:48 AM

im sorry im having issues. yeah my question was my hard drive since it failed those test is that why im getting random BOSD
Score
Related resources
a c 110 G Storage
February 19, 2011 4:54:00 AM

Very likely. Is the HDD SMART enabled and have you checked it with a utility like Speedfan to see what is failing?
Score
February 19, 2011 4:56:35 AM

im not sure about the HDDSMART thing. and the only thing i checked it with was seatools. And im sorry im new to this.
Score
a c 110 G Storage
February 19, 2011 4:59:56 AM

Download Speedfan from the link I posted. Check under SMART and see if anything is showing errors. It is very simple to read.
Score
February 19, 2011 5:29:35 AM

thats a nice program. over all fitness is 97%, overall performance is 90%. but it did say my hours count was kinda bad and i had 1 pending sector that couldnt be read. so im not sure if i should get another hdd or not. i just know its been getting more and more blues screens. and ive built this computer and the only thing thats from my old system is the hdd. and that system was getting blue screens once in awhile.
Score

Best solution

a c 110 G Storage
February 19, 2011 5:55:07 AM

Would not hurt to do a clean install of Windows then and get a new drive. The Samsung Spinpoint F3 has been the best "bang for your buck" drive for a while now. If you shop around the 500GB is usually about $45 and the 1TB model is usually around $60. They are fast , reliable and silent.
February 19, 2011 5:57:50 AM

ok one other question for you. when i first 3 times i ran seatools it picked up 2 of the same hard drive i only have one so i thought that was normal. i just ran seatools again now its only showing 1 hard drive so whats that mean my computer is really possed. other things to add some times im missing programs. then i will reboot it they will all be back. um my starting up page had changed pictures for some reason. like when its logging in i have nvidia windows 7 addition and its now just showing the normal windows seven log in theme. some times when i blues screen and restart my bootmanger is missing. i will ctrl alt delete to restart it will do the same thing till i shut off the computer and wait a little bit then it will log in just fine. so this is why im thinking it hard drive issues. or could it be something else?
Score
February 19, 2011 6:00:02 AM

anort3 said:
Would not hurt to do a clean install of Windows then and get a new drive. The Samsung Spinpoint F3 has been the best "bang for your buck" drive for a while now. If you shop around the 500GB is usually about $45 and the 1TB model is usually around $60. They are fast , reliable and silent.

sorry i possted more before reading this. it sounds good in the last week ive installed windows 4 times, both 64bit and 32bit versions. thanks for your help though you are really knowledgeable.
Score
a c 110 G Storage
February 19, 2011 6:00:36 AM

Hmmm could be a virus/malware. Do you use an up to date antivirus program?
Score
February 19, 2011 6:12:58 AM

thats a pretty good hdd thanks for the link. And no i didnt put a virus program on this one on this install cause i figured i was going to have to get a new hardrive anyways so whats the point. i would of but i got a blue screen during the install and then like 20 minute after i got the install. so just figured get a new hdd drive and go from there. You have been so helpfull thank you very much. i will go get a hdd drive tomorrow and let you know if that has been my problem .
Score
a c 110 G Storage
February 19, 2011 6:13:49 AM

Glad to help.
Score
February 19, 2011 6:22:09 AM

Best answer selected by dusty23.
Score
February 23, 2012 11:10:31 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!