Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Illustrated layout of Audigy 2ZS speaker connecyions

Last response: in Windows XP
November 16, 2011 3:44:17 PM

Hello,
Please assist. What are the colour codings on the Audigy 2ZS . Do I plug in the colour coded plugs from the speakers as per the colour codes on the sound card.

Many thanks.

Andy

Best solution

November 16, 2011 6:40:00 PM

Stooge_01 said:
Hello,
Please assist. What are the colour codings on the Audigy 2ZS . Do I plug in the colour coded plugs from the speakers as per the colour codes on the sound card.

Many thanks.

Andy

That is why they are color coded.
November 23, 2011 7:24:42 AM

Thanks for your reply. However I have solved this problem. I was able to find a diagram of the Audigy plug panel layout and strange as it may seem the colour codings of the speakers and the sound card do not correspond.i.e green from the speakers does not go into the green connection of the sound card and this applies to the other plugs as well. But thanks for your answer.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 23, 2011 7:40:36 AM

Stooge_01 said:
Thanks for your reply. However I have solved this problem. I was able to find a diagram of the Audigy plug panel layout and strange as it may seem the colour codings of the speakers and the sound card do not correspond.i.e green from the speakers does not go into the green connection of the sound card and this applies to the other plugs as well. But thanks for your answer.

Hmmmm, yes very strange. Rather defeats the purpose of color coding !
November 23, 2011 2:56:07 PM

ksiemb said:
Hmmmm, yes very strange. Rather defeats the purpose of color coding !

I think it has to do with the type of speakers one is using. I have a set of 5.1 Turando speakers . I cannot find what model they are but have used the Creative 5.1 set-up.Seems to be working o.k. Except I do not get the bass I was expecting.
November 26, 2011 6:06:21 AM

Best answer selected by Stooge_01.
!